Signings Thread - All Teams 2022/23

Devil94

Nottingham sign Garet Hunt. Been following him for a few years as I always thought he would end up in the league somewhere. Boy he sounds a character, with Gagnon back and rumours of Cody Sol going there too, the Panthers are not gonna die wondering this year.

Wannabe2

Garet Hunt 35yrs old, 5ft 8in, left wing. This guy is a beast, penalty minutes Per season 248, 255,235,187,269,277,243,221,268. Panthers are going to be one tough cookie. Love it myself the tougher the better.

kettdevil1

Panthers are going to be great fun to watch this year, it seems as though the aim is to get enthusiasm for hockey back in Nottingham and on paper, they look as though they are going to achieve that. Both Gagnon and Hunt can play but most of all, those around them have far more space to play. I can't see them winning the league but they are going to be an awful lot closer than they have been for some time.

Rempel16

I seem to remember the last time the Panthers signed a thug he ended Tyson Marsh's career and our players stood around watching.
Janssen wasn't a thug. That was a horrible incident, but Marsh wasn't jumped, he was offered fairly and it was a sign of Tyson's character that he took the fight.

Oh, and Marsh played after that so it didn't end his career.

Still remember Janssen stealing the playoff trophy and challenge cup to take to the Castle pub, against the wishes of the Panthers management who wanted to take them directly to the hotel after party. Janssen's reasoning - the trophies were for the fans. This Devils organisation have the same values and I don't fault him or them for that.

ASHIPP

No doubt Hunt is a decent player...and one of his additional skills has been clocking up vast PIMs in his career! He will be a pain to play against, but hopefully the refs will have a field day and he will only manage to play a few shifts every game before being penalised!

hip check

No doubt Hunt is a decent player...and one of his additional skills has been clocking up vast PIMs in his career! He will be a pain to play against, but hopefully the refs will have a field day and he will only manage to play a few shifts every game before being penalised!
A bums on seats player, having a player of his ilk in this league will certainly up the entertainment value, I love the skill players but don't we all love a bad boy to mix it up a bit?
Same height as Riley Brandt I can visualise a clash or two there once Riley starts his big hits .

JC23

Panthers are going to be great fun to watch this year, it seems as though the aim is to get enthusiasm for hockey back in Nottingham and on paper, they look as though they are going to achieve that. Both Gagnon and Hunt can play but most of all, those around them have far more space to play. I can't see them winning the league but they are going to be an awful lot closer than they have been for some time.
I feel like Nottingham are very much trying to recreate the Jansen - Lawrence - Farmer line, which was a nightmare for other teams I seem to remember. Especially with rumours of Jacob Doty heading there too.

Adding a line like that, alongside the signings of Adam Brady and Luke Ferrara I think Nottingham will be a fun team this year.

kettdevil1

I feel like Nottingham are very much trying to recreate the Jansen - Lawrence - Farmer line, which was a nightmare for other teams I seem to remember. Especially with rumours of Jacob Doty heading there too.

Adding a line like that, alongside the signings of Adam Brady and Luke Ferrara I think Nottingham will be a fun team this year.
Loved that line, brought it every night and completely redefined Farmer in particular.... must have been great fun to play on, less so to play against

JC23

Loved that line, brought it every night and completely redefined Farmer in particular.... must have been great fun to play on, less so to play against
Definitely made the games vs them a lot more fun - I wouldn’t want to be on a top line heading out to see three wrecking ball players on a line together when playing an away game, that’s for sure.

kristian

Jordan Hedley signs for MK Lighting not sure if it's a 2 way. Don't think they have a net minder yet. Whistle was a rumour to be going they