Signings Thread - All Teams 2022/23

ASHIPP

Alex Forbes returning for the Blaze, he’s a developing Brit who improves year on year.
https://www.coventryblaze.co.uk/2022/06/07/forbes-back-for-blaze-2/
Impressed with this young man on Blaze trips to the IAW.
Hopefully this season we will see a lot of ice -time for our young British players on all the teams. Team GB needs all aspects of a succession plan up and running as they will be entering a period of transition in the next couple of years. It's inevitable there will be a cluster of international retirements from some of our veteran players.

Diablo3

Finny

Initially I was shocked and disappointed. But the more I think about it, it’s understandable and a bit of a reality check for us.

We‘ve already signed Coughler and Martin. When he turns 37 in September would you really expect Dixon to be pushing either of those two out of center on the top two lines?

Not for me. And as much as I’d love to have seen him on our 3rd line I doubt that
a) we could afford Dixon on 3rd line wages
b) he’d be happy to play 3rd line.

I was 50/50 as to whether he had another season left in him at the level we’d want but clearly Dixon does and with his talent and experience he’d make a great top two centre for most teams in the league.

He‘s been a great player for us and the best of luck to him in Glasgow.

BostonBart22

Stunned to see him in a purple shirt, the only logical reason for that, is we didn't offer him a deal at all or didn't offer him what he wanted for the next year. We are going to miss him on face offs though.
And we missed that a lot last season in the faceoffs when myers wasn't offed a contract and that's where we struggled and now lost the 2 of them

Wannabe2

It’s always a bummer when we lose a fans favourite, we have all experienced that. The good thing now though is that our club is in such good hands that we will be just fine, Dixon was a true Devil and that’s always a tough blow to take when the time is up, but this club rolls with the punches and I think we will have a few beauties to welcome to our gaff.

Diablo3

It’s always a bummer when we lose a fans favourite, we have all experienced that. The good thing now though is that our club is in such good hands that we will be just fine, Dixon was a true Devil and that’s always a tough blow to take when the time is up, but this club rolls with the punches and I think we will have a few beauties to welcome to our gaff.
You're right, but it's still a crap way to start the weekend.

OJLloyd

Firstly - I’ve donated to Joey Raats gofundme. I’d encourage anyone who can to do so. And those who may not be able to, please share it. It’s an awful situation.

On the Dixon news, I’m gutted but I understand it. He was going to be third line, which is something I’m sure he never saw himself as being.

I think he’ll make a big difference for the Clan, both on and off the ice. I am very grateful for his time in Cardiff, and I hope we all give him the welcome he deserves when he turns out for the Clan at the IAW.

Wannabe2

It sure is Dixon was a Devil, but it’s a was now, I wouldn’t have been disappointed to see him back why would I he was pure class, but it’s another page in the book now and we all obviously wish him well. Not the greatest news today but hopefully good stuff on the horizon.

ASHIPP

Disappointing but perhaps agreement couldn't be reached on a contract. GOAT is clearly going to be first line centre....Dixon was that position last season. Players move on for all sorts of reasons.

Does this mean the Devils will be recruiting another centre, with Coughler and Davies the other two? Will Dixon be Captain at the Clan? They are not hanging about with recruitment.

Wouldn't be suprised if we get a signing announcement for Devils in the next few days.

august04 2.0

I’m kind of hoping this was a financial decision and he chose to leave for a better deal than we could offer, rather than a hockey decision and we decided we no longer wanted him. I’d be questioning our judgement if the latter was the case. And I don’t believe for one minute that Dixon wouldn’t play on the third line if asked to, as his contribution could still be invaluable playing down the lines. He's played in every situation that we’ve asked him to over the years, I just don’t buy that reasoning as he seems to be the ultimate team player and club man. It has to be a financial decision surely. Good luck to him, but I shall miss seeing him in a Devils shirt and he’s been one of our finest in recent years - we could do with some more positive signing news after this!

moggy#9

Initially I was shocked and disappointed. But the more I think about it, it’s understandable and a bit of a reality check for us.

We‘ve already signed Coughler and Martin. When he turns 37 in September would you really expect Dixon to be pushing either of those two out of center on the top two lines?

Not for me. And as much as I’d love to have seen him on our 3rd line I doubt that
a) we could afford Dixon on 3rd line wages
b) he’d be happy to play 3rd line.

I was 50/50 as to whether he had another season left in him at the level we’d want but clearly Dixon does and with his talent and experience he’d make a great top two centre for most teams in the league.

He‘s been a great player for us and the best of luck to him in Glasgow.
I agree. Disappointing, but it was difficult to see where he would fit in. He is certainly going to bed a hard act to follow.