Signings Thread - All Teams 2022/23

moggy#9

Looks a very good signing, good player, knows the league, has great contacts, think Stars will be stronger next season.
I think it's fair to say that a few teams will be much improved; panthers, Glasgow and stars. I fear that flyers will be left further behind.

If the play offs are anything to go by, the league will be a lot tighter next year.

Kevin roog

Got to be hard following the flyers, I take my hat off to the hard core, nearly always bottom, hardly ever have a cup run, no playoff final weekend appearances, makes you realise what we have , perhaps I shouldn’t winged so much ha ha

moggy#9

I have great sympathy for the flyers, but other teams have managed to put together decent squads on a budget. I wonder if their problems are a bit more deeply seated. Unfortunately I see them going the way of Milton Keynes or Edinburgh.

Kevin roog

It does make you think about the flyers dropping a level , Milton Keynes has 2900 people for a game and I imagine their fans loving seeing their team being competitive, I think the last time i went to Milton Keynes v devils there was 1000 ish there

Got to be hard following the flyers, I take my hat off to the hard core, nearly always bottom, hardly ever have a cup run, no playoff final weekend appearances, makes you realise what we have , perhaps I shouldn’t winged so much ha ha
Flyers are the oldest professional hockey club in the UK. No glory hunters there. Just genuine ice hockey fans. In spite of a bit of over the top abuse of away fans on the odd occasion, I very much like going there.

Kevlar68

For me if I'm being honest Joey Martin signing wouldn't influence my renewal of our season tickets, first signing would need to be better than that, maybe register and coughler and less Saturday fixtures.