Signings on Monday.

Thread starter #1
It's been confirmed there's a
ULTRA SUPER DUPER MEGA MONDAY on 30 the April.

There will be a hell of a lot happening but my main interest is of course the 4 signings.

Any rumours ;)

CaldicotDevil

But will he want to continue playing?

Last year wasn’t he undecided for a short time?

Mind you, the amount he spent smiling whilst playing last season I think he’s a certain returnee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He’s achieved everything he could in the EIHL but if anyone can convince him it’s Todd/Lord/Owners. It’s a long time retired and playing in Europe for your hometown team has to be a major pull.

He’s probably the most underrated player in the EIHL and you’d struggle to replace him with an import.. let alone a Brit

He’s achieved everything he could in the EIHL but if anyone can convince him it’s Todd/Lord/Owners. It’s a long time retired and playing in Europe for your hometown team has to be a major pull.

He’s probably the most underrated player in the EIHL and you’d struggle to replace him with an import.. let alone a Brit
That’s the main worry with the Devils for me. How do you replace the Richardson’s and the Myers. Lord is a great coach and has had tons of success in the EIHL but Brit development is something he’ll need to work on with Rutkis & Buglass.

ASHIPP

Callum's potential was setback a season when he had that surgery whilst at Swindon season before last. But ' succession planning' in advance of our senior British players possibly retiring/taking up other challenges is something hopefully the Club has got covered.

SteveKing

Very excited that Todd is getting back in the saddle and trying Mega Monday again! I've been told that the cooling system at the IAW will be working this time. There is a small, demented part of me that would actually like for something to go wrong just to make the legend of Mega Monday grow into infamy. Having something to bring up when he starts to get cocky would be invaluable!

CaldicotDevil

That’s the main worry with the Devils for me. How do you replace the Richardson’s and the Myers. Lord is a great coach and has had tons of success in the EIHL but Brit development is something he’ll need to work on with Rutkis & Buglass.
Massively. Every competition Bowns enters he excels in and someone’s going to take a gamble on him before long. Murdy should be a starter for a lower EIHL club, he’s good enough. Richie and Myers are 30 plus now but still quality. Batch has had limited ice time this year but has skill and toughness so other clubs Eihl will want him. Moores still recovering from a major injury but he looked to be a huge talent. We could be a victim of our own success. If our first 6 signings are all the Brits back then I’ll be one happy man.

ASHIPP

It's a massive compliment to think that our British players will be sought after. From the Elite League Champion team with the exciting challenge of CHL again, would be very suprised to see any of them join other clubs....unless they have overseas ambitions.
If anything, who knows there be one or two more young British players assigned on two-ways for development?

Devil_Abroad

Very excited that Todd is getting back in the saddle and trying Mega Monday again! I've been told that the cooling system at the IAW will be working this time. There is a small, demented part of me that would actually like for something to go wrong just to make the legend of Mega Monday grow into infamy. Having something to bring up when he starts to get cocky would be invaluable!
I don’t think anything will ever affect that part of his character. Great for the club as it helps to keep stuff fun despite all our constant moaning ‍♂️

Kal

Joey, Joey, Faryna and Pope, Strachen or Reddick

Although I wouldnn't be surprised at Bowns, Myers, Richie and Murdy I don't think the larger fanbase will be ok with that being the upgrade on the last "Mega Monday"

Devil_Abroad

The Brits may still be in Hungary but of course TK may have some Skype stunt organised.
Hmm, so a new stud and 3 returnees?

Ex-NHLer - Martin / Hotham / Strachan

However, not sure they’d want to show their hands so early in the off-season so I will go with Bowns / Myers / Richardson / Murdy - the GB connection

ASHIPP

Joey, Joey, Faryna and Pope, Strachen or Reddick

Although I wouldnn't be surprised at Bowns, Myers, Richie and Murdy I don't think the larger fanbase will be ok with that being the upgrade on the last "Mega Monday"

We've just won the League, the Conference and the Playoffs - most fans will be delighted with the confirmation of these four British players returning to our roster. :cool: