Signings for 2021/22 season

Only if double vaccinated from US. So wouldn't be removed for most players I would guess, with mostly Canadians and some maybe not fully vaxxed.
Unless Canadian players are bypassing quarantines by travelling to the US to fly from there to England and travel to Wales from there? If vaccinated, of course.

Devil94

The vaccine itself has to be administered in the US to avoid quarantine. Stupid rule of course but that's the way it is.
There might be an exception for professional sportsmen, I don't know. And if that extends to hockey is another thing.

jenks33

Thread starter #468
I'm expecting us to sign 3 imports plus possibly Ben O'Connor, so possibly 4 more to sign
Fingers crossed that’s the plan. I appreciate that’s possibly a bit greedy in the current financial climate but I do hope we carry a spare player. With the amount of games + injuries and suspensions I’m sure we will need that spare player. Ben O’Connor and Brodie Reid are likely to end up here I’m guessing a new left winger and a centre as well.

Wannabe2

Fingers crossed that’s the plan. I appreciate that’s possibly a bit greedy in the current financial climate but I do hope we carry a spare player. With the amount of games + injuries and suspensions I’m sure we will need that spare player. Ben O’Connor and Brodie Reid are likely to end up here I’m guessing a new left winger and a centre as well.
Brodie Reid would be a awesome signing if it comes off, and if O’Connor happens ditto. Let’s hope your right buddy only time will tell.

Devil94

I for sure thought a signing would be announced today. With the players potentially arriving next week, and also having a midweek signing.
I reckon Todd has something up his sleeve for the final few announcements.

matbur

Certainly an exciting and unpredictable season in store for us. I'm particularly encouraged to see us having two goalies who'll be sharing starts and pushing each other. The only criticism that could perhaps have been levelled towards Andrew Lord was imo, his unwillingness to lighten Bowns' workload occasionally. It seems next season that both goalies are competing against each other which is healthy.

The boy Kozun has already shown in his career that he has a bit of resilience about him, given a push here in a stable environment, we might have a real gem on our hands.

Unless I'm overlooking something, I still have us short of two forwards (a centre for first line and a left winger) and a defenceman.

I would imagine that those deals are already tied up and the team are just going to drip feed them. I'd be surprised if that included Haddad, I think he would have been announced by now if he was returning.

I really cannot wait to see how this team looks and plays next season now. I think I might just burst with excitement by the time the season actually starts!!

Devils86

Not sure if it's relevant but with the Arena opening on Monday could that be a key date in announcing the last few signings? Whether an event announced or something...