Signings for 2021/22 season

Wannabe2

I know I have already said this, but I am really so chuffed that Louis is returning, he was on my mind a little while ago and I thought then I hope this guy returns. He is a huge asset to the Devils and certainly plays for the shirt, so so pleased well done club . Another huge thumbs up by our club.

Ocko

Good signing. Louis has improved every season; seems his fitness went to different levels in the last season or two he was with us which really showed in his game.

With out and out heavyweights all but gone, I’d bet Louis will be one of if not the toughest in the league. He certainly was right up there in the last season with us.

ASHIPP

Panthers sign Carr back as goalie.
Is bowns coming back or is he still there starting netminder?
Could be tandem goalies but unlikely. Bownsey will at least want the lions share of starts or to be the no. 1. goalie for any team. Panthers might sign Whistle again.

He has said very recently he is hoping for opportunities in Europe (or even NA). Would think after his performance in the World's this may just happen.

Devils86

Panthers announce return of Kevin Carr. Probably only leaves one spot on their roster for another NM. Expect Whistle to be the other myself.

Devil94

If Bowns doesn't come back, as a lot expect, what would you think of us signing Whistle as our number 1? A year or two ago I would have said no. But I think he has improved and matured as a goalie, and the pay off of having an extra import skater could make him a shrewd signing. Risky, yes. But could work.

Devils86

If Bowns doesn't come back, as a lot expect, what would you think of us signing Whistle as our number 1? A year or two ago I would have said no. But I think he has improved and matured as a goalie, and the pay off of having an extra import skater could make him a shrewd signing. Risky, yes. But could work.
Not for me, as a backup to an import maybe

jenks33

Thread starter #91
Goalie Anthony Peters signs for Graz then. Had a feeling he might be a Devil next season with his Skalde/Mikkelson connections. Bleeding Graz again!

mjh

Players should know, the Graz isn't always greener. (sigh). In other news, WG say social distancing could be in place until at least end of 2021. Not good news for the Devils.

moggy#9

Players should know, the Graz isn't always greener. (sigh). In other news, WG say social distancing could be in place until at least end of 2021. Not good news for the Devils.
I know that there are challenges around managing covid risk, but given that the devils are a unique case (as the only major indoor sports team in Wales), you'd think that the assembly would be able to work with the club to find a way forward. As I've said before, I'm not convinced that drakeford and co give a damn.

James

Administrator
This weeks Welsh update specifically name checked Ice Rinks and as I think there are only the 2 in Wales so we havent been forgotten

moggy#9

This weeks Welsh update specifically name checked Ice Rinks and as I think there are only the 2 in Wales so we havent been forgotten
It does, but is there any recognition of the lead time to start up, or the issue of crowds for hockey? I hope that there are conversations going on behind the scenes that we're not aware of, but I'm not holding my breath.

Kevlar68

From what I've seen from being out and about cardiff city centre and other areas you would think the only restriction left to lift is face masks. You wouldn't think there is still a virus with the way a majority are acting.

From what I've seen from being out and about cardiff city centre and other areas you would think the only restriction left to lift is face masks. You wouldn't think there is still a virus with the way a majority are acting.
Agreed, I work in Sports Direct and it's absolute mayhem in town as of late. not many people wearing masks or social distancing at the best of times.

NathanG

I'm in Sheffield now and the city centre is quite busy. Heading to the hockey tomorrow so I'll update you all on how it goes regarding social distancing etc.

Here's my POV... If the majority of the population are double vaccinated then why can't we have a Hell out ice arena? Why do we have to have any restrictions in place? The vunerable are protected.

Another POV which might be unpopular but at this point, I don't care. If you fear the virus and refused to get vaccinated then you carry on hiding behind your curtains judging the people that have had enough and just want to get back to normal. We have to get used to this just like we do with flu.

BostonBart22

I'm in Sheffield now and the city centre is quite busy. Heading to the hockey tomorrow so I'll update you all on how it goes regarding social distancing etc.

Here's my POV... If the majority of the population are double vaccinated then why can't we have a Hell out ice arena? Why do we have to have any restrictions in place? The vunerable are protected.

Another POV which might be unpopular but at this point, I don't care. If you fear the virus and refused to get vaccinated then you carry on hiding behind your curtains judging the people that have had enough and just want to get back to normal. We have to get used to this just like we do with flu.
Spot on, holidays will soon have green areas soon anyway, it depends when boris and his gang has booked holidays abroad