Signings for 2021/22 season

jenks33

Thread starter #303
I wonder if “coming up dry” was the clue seeing as Crandall is from Lakeville plus his links to Duluth which is near Lake Superior. If that was the clue I want easier clues than that Steve!

Looks more of a disher than a goalscorer so probably Joey Martin’s replacement? Big shoes to fill. I still think Haddad will be back and then one more forward signing.

Finny

Really struggling to work out how our lines are shaping up as I didn’t have “goalscoring RW” on our list of players left to sign.

I had Cox and Sanford down as our 1st line wingers but I can’t see Crandall playing anywhere other than 1st line RW. Unless Sanford is going to play centre for a very speedy first line?

jenks33

Thread starter #309
Really struggling to work out how our lines are shaping up as I didn’t have “goalscoring RW” on our list of players left to sign.

I had Cox and Sanford down as our 1st line wingers but I can’t see Crandall playing anywhere other than 1st line RW. Unless Sanford is going to play centre for a very speedy first line?
I think we’re all assuming there’s another first line forward left to announce and surely Crandall will be on the first line. That makes me think Cox and Sanford will be on the second line

This is just me guessing but going by who we signed so far could the lines be

Import - import - Crandall.
Cox - lammon - Sandford.
Mcnally - Dixon - Davies.
Waller Duggan

Rotate the centres then our the fourth line.

jenks33

Thread starter #313
This is just me guessing but going by who we signed so far could the lines be

Import - import - Crandall.
Cox - lammon - Sandford.
Mcnally - Dixon - Davies.
Waller Duggan

Rotate the centres then our the fourth line.
I think you could be right there. I sound like a broken record but I think Haddad will be one of those imports and a new first line centre

Devil94

I'm also confused.
Obviously we haven't seen these guys play yet but from what I've read, I dont think Lammon would play with Cox and Sanford. He's more defensively minded, bigger body and not as quick.
I'll go for Trevor Cox as a centre, with Sanford on his right.

Import - Cox - Sanford
McNally - Dixon - Crandall
Import - Lammon - Davies

One of the left wingers could be Haddad

But who knows.

jenks33

Thread starter #315
I'm also confused.
Obviously we haven't seen these guys play yet but from what I've read, I dont think Lammon would play with Cox and Sanford. He's more defensively minded, bigger body and not as quick.

Import - Cox - Sanford
Import - Lammon - Davies

But who knows.
To be honest I can’t see Mcnally higher than the third line. But as you said, who knows.

moggy#9

I'm also confused.

Import - Cox - Sanford
Import - Lammon - Davies

But who knows.
I could see a defensive forward like lammon being used as a balance to a more offensive defenceman, or to anchor less experienced line mates. He'd also make sense on the penalty kill. I wouldn't be surprised if the last two players named were a massive impact centre with the wow factor, and Haddad - who would be the obvious choice for Captain.

Have Hope#35

Hopefully something like this to start CHL (we'll need 4 lines for that):

Carruth/Import/Lawday?

Richie/Register
Mikkelson/Import or O'Connor?
Louis/Batch

Haddad?/Import/Crandall
Cox/Lammon/Sanford
McNally/Dixon/Davies
Waller/Import/Duggan

jenks33

Thread starter #319
I could see a defensive forward like lammon being used as a balance to a more offensive defenceman, or to anchor less experienced line mates. He'd also make sense on the penalty kill. I wouldn't be surprised if the last two players named were a massive impact centre with the wow factor, and Haddad - who would be the obvious choice for Captain.
After the five signings were announced in Calgary I think I remember Steve saying that some of those players will be given a chance to shine in Cardiff and they possibly weren’t given that opportunity elsewhere. I’m sure he was talking about Sanford but he may have been talking about Lammon as well. Everything I’ve read about Lammon is about how good a defensive forward he is and because of that maybe he wasn’t given much of a chance to show what he can do at the other end of the ice during his time with Allen.