Shirt purchase

Diablo3

I hate to go against the tide, but I've never had any problems with the guys in the shop, including Corky, and I've spent quite a bit in there. Perhaps I'm just lucky...

I hate to go against the tide, but I've never had any problems with the guys in the shop, including Corky, and I've spent quite a bit in there. Perhaps I'm just lucky...

Maybe, you’ve nailed it Diablo3. As a familiar face you get treated with courtesy whereas maybe, the unfamiliar faces get contempt!
Either way there’s a problem in the shop and maybe it ain’t the shirts!

Pleximan

I rarely post in here but someone brought this thread to my attention so I had a look and I must day that I too have experienced rudeness from the shop staff and on numerous occasions, I refuse to go in there anymore because of that and instead I buy NHL jerseys from elsewhere.
I think the shop has been letting the club down for a while now.

Swarley

Maybe, you’ve nailed it Diablo3. As a familiar face you get treated with courtesy whereas maybe, the unfamiliar faces get contempt!
Either way there’s a problem in the shop and maybe it ain’t the shirts!
If familiar faces get treated with courtesy I'd love to know the explanation to why staff treat parents of junior devils with attitude and hostility, and I know a fair few long term fans who've had items they've purchased tossed at them in an aggressive manner....

If familiar faces get treated with courtesy I'd love to know the explanation to why staff treat parents of junior devils with attitude and hostility, and I know a fair few long term fans who've had items they've purchased tossed at them in an aggressive manner....

You’re right of course, I have heard anecdotal evidence from a number of sources who pretty much say the same.
My remark was placed with my tongue planted very firmly in my cheek!

JC23

Not trying to just go against the grain here, but, I actually really like Corky, Hilly (who literally only works there on match nights...and has a full time job), and Zack.

Corky can be a grumpy old man at times, and he knows it, he gets told enough by Hilly, Zack, and anyone who knows him.

But he’s genuinely a nice guy :rolleyes:

Wagstaff

From what I heard Andy "the MK fan" was having a laugh while looking at jerseys and asked if they had any MK ones, apparently that's all it toom for him to get an abusive reaction from the staff.
If I was serving, I'd have been really tempted to tell the lady "I don't think we do but if there are, you will find them at the bottom of the table!"
Probably best I don't get a job in a shop!

pjj365

If I was serving, I'd have been really tempted to tell the lady "I don't think we do but if there are, you will find them at the bottom of the table!"
Said wth good humour and a smile that's not a bad response in an obvioulsy Devils shop.

I've never had a problem in the shop but having worked in customer service most of my life one thing I have learned is that there's a "game face" Whatever your nature, whatever is going on at home and however big your hangover you smile at the customer and be full of yes sir three bags full sir (or madam as the case may be).

Seems having a monopoly might have pushed this basis approach into the background - but I stress not my experience (although I've always gone in just about knowing what I want)

Swarley

That would of guaranteed a laugh from everyone if something like that had of been said with a joking tone.

Ocko

I have to disagree with the posts about the shop, from my experiences.

I manage a team that have used Bayside/CH for their jerseys for a number of years and wouldn’t go anywhere else. Corky has sorted us out numerous times over the years, last minute requests, huge orders, constant changing of designs and numbers etc and he’s nothing but helpful. I also bring 30 or so military players here a couple of times a year and whatever they want or need we get from him near enough straight away and the prices are better than anywhere.
He might come across a bit grumpy but that’s just his way.

Devils86

I have to disagree with the posts about the shop, from my experiences.

I manage a team that have used Bayside/CH for their jerseys for a number of years and wouldn’t go anywhere else. Corky has sorted us out numerous times over the years, last minute requests, huge orders, constant changing of designs and numbers etc and he’s nothing but helpful. I also bring 30 or so military players here a couple of times a year and whatever they want or need we get from him near enough straight away and the prices are better than anywhere.
He might come across a bit grumpy but that’s just his way.
I only chip in to suggest the following (as a Devil’s advocate - see what I did there?)...

Maybe the reason he’s nice to you is the amount of business you bring his way?

——————-

That being said, I’ve never had a problem in the shop - the younger guy (with glasses) is always on form and a top bloke. Corky can be hit and miss and a bit dismissive at times - IMO because he knows he has a monopoly on Devils products and so you take it or leave it with him, if you want a jersey you have to shop with him essentially.

Overall though I check out the new stuff every season early on and only pop in if I want a new jersey after that - spend my money in the bar instead!

kingmo19.1

All this debate relating to Devils Merch and a grumpy shop owner! tut tut tut ....

'Real fans' never buy a shirt - they just get the current season shirt tattoo'd onto their body - back and front ! Then next season, it's back to the Tattoo removal service in preparation for next seasons jersey! :):):):):):):)

Give it a try, you'll never need to use the shop again :):):)

BostonBart22

About time to close this subject now, dont think the witchunt on corky would have been mentioned if the shirt problem didnt come to light...everyone move on and enjoy the product on the ice...