Sheffield Steelers Vs Devils - Sat 16 Sep 2017 - League - Chat/Updates

To me Hotham is the guy to take issue with any net crashing on Bowns. Hogarth is an interesting choice of ref for this one. Just glad its not Darnell as we have him tomorrow for the game against the smelly cats.
So why would you want A Hotham, the league top defencman the last 3 years and league MVP to fight Armstrong if he crashes the net ? Do you think losing Hotham for 5 minutes is an even trade with Armstrong ? I don't think you want him fighting much with the potential of breaking a hand when maybe Louis, Batch or Faryna would be a better choice

Nice bounce back win tonight . Tough game tomorrow and would be a great weekend if they win another . These games are measuring stick games. Steelers and Panthers are arguably in the top 3-4 teams in the league so to beat Sheffield in their own building, should be a great confidence booster going into tomorrow

BostonBart22

Cracking win, had a great chance 3rd period to wrap it up with a 6 min powerplay , after that devils struggled to get puck posession, but hey ho we battled hard for the extra point. very quiet game i thought not a great deal of hits from either team, nice to get the 2 points though, well done boys..

Milky

So why would you want A Hotham, the league top defencman the last 3 years and league MVP to fight Armstrong if he crashes the net ? Do you think losing Hotham for 5 minutes is an even trade with Armstrong ? I don't think you want him fighting much with the potential of breaking a hand when maybe Louis, Batch or Faryna would be a better choice
Totally agree. Great point. Hotham should be the last person fighting in our team!

Gough60

Could have been out of sight if Pope had converted unchallenged at back door & we had taken advantage of 6 min of power play. Marker laid down with 2 points at house of rust.
Challenge cup performance completely different to league performance.
Well done Devils.

Haven't seen the game, an OT win in Sheffield isn't that convincing. I appreciate Sheffield at home could be argued isn't an easy win, I'd hoped we had the depth to do it. I hope tomorrow pans out differently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KaneDevils

I would of been pleased with a point, 2 is fantastic. Who cares if it was unconvincing? Winning while not at your best is massively important.
A great reaction to last weeks disappointing result.
Josh Williamson, you hope today pans out differently? So you wouldn't take an OT win against the Panthers??? Weird!!!

Well done devils !!!

Wannabe2

Haven't seen the game, an OT win in Sheffield isn't that convincing. I appreciate Sheffield at home could be argued isn't an easy win, I'd hoped we had the depth to do it. I hope tomorrow pans out differently.

2 points against Steelers at their gaff and it ain't convincing, try telling the players that, or Paul Thompson even. History will tell you not many teams leave that building with max points. Think a reality check is needed here.

jenks33

Still plenty to work on but chuffed with the win. I thought we were very good for large parts of the 1st and 2nd but struggled in the 3rd and OT. All about the two points though..
Our winning goal was clearly lucky but I think the steelers can count themselves a bit fortunate as well. I thought their 1st equaliser off crowder's skate was completely against the run of play. Also Pope missing an empty net (from a very tight angle) to make it 1-4 was a bit lucky for them.
After last weekends thumping against Guildford I think there were plenty of positives to take from tonight. Bit worried about how shattered we looked in the last 10 though

For me an OT result can go either way for the teams, the fact it's OT tells me that both teams are pretty equal, that's all, having seen the team Sheffield have as well, for me we are better than equal.

ASHIPP

All those years the Devils and their fans travelled to Sheffield knowing, in all probability, no matter how well they played they were not going to beat the Steelers.

Getting one point from there is good. Getting two points is fantastic. Who cares whether the goal might be called a lucky bounce. Seen that happen a few times against us in the past.

If the situation was reversed, the Steelers would bite the hand to have secured the two points.

E.D.S.

I would of been pleased with a point, 2 is fantastic. Who cares if it was unconvincing? Winning while not at your best is massively important.
A great reaction to last weeks disappointing result.
Josh Williamson, you hope today pans out differently? So you wouldn't take an OT win against the Panthers??? Weird!!!

Well done devils !!!
Agree. If you can beat regulatory beat the Steelers then you know you're in with a good shout of silverware.
We played so many games last year where we deserved to come away with nothing and managed to get something. Then went on to win the league versus previous years where we deserved to win and got nothing and ended up with nothing to show for our efforts at the end of the year.
It's good start. Nice one boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk