Sheffield Steelers Vs Devils - Sat 16 Sep 2017 - League - Chat/Updates

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Our first visit of the season to the house of rust. Hopefully a better performance than last weekend as we start our title defense. Hogarth with the whistle for this one.

Last edited:

ASHIPP

An early injury crisis amongst their players has not panicked the Steelers. Great weekend for them last weekend.

The new Finnish player brought in for injury cover sttled in fast - a 1+1 in his debut game.

Despite all the usual pre-game build up bluster from Thommo, think this time they really are confident. A good start to the season is what he wants from Steelers. So far they are delivering.

DevilDom

Oh crap we have Hogarth. Let's hope he's learnt how to handle these big games and doesn't let himself get flustered and/or bullied.

august04

interesting to see if the Steelers target Bowns again tonight, as they did on several occasions last season.
Just when you need a strong ref, we get Hogarth!

Johnnybravo1927

If Armstrong goes within 3 feet of Bownsy someone should make it perfectly clear that it won't be tolerated
Agreed but who? We dont have 'that' player anymore. Lord, Hotham, Batch and Faryna are all capable of stepping up against most players but nobody in the Fitzgerald standard and are all too valuable on the ice

Russky

To me Hotham is the guy to take issue with any net crashing on Bowns. Hogarth is an interesting choice of ref for this one. Just glad its not Darnell as we have him tomorrow for the game against the smelly cats.

Russky

For those who cant get to the house of foil for this game, We will be running MNL for this game with myself or Steve in the hosting hot seat. Dont forget to send your predictions/comments to matchnightlive@gmail.com and we will do our best to include them in the pre-game build up.

Johnnybravo1927

Batch is a tough kid and will stand his ground but he isnt an enforcer type player like Fitzgerald. We have players that will fight but none who are always first into a fight.

osh

4 - 3 won away from home against whinging Thommo's team, can't fault it. Great bounce back ability from our guys. Not in the country for a couple of weeks, but huge congrats and hope we can follow it up with another win tomorrow.

Slartibartfast

I always thought Steelers were the jammiest team in the league but that winning goal was the jammiest I have ever seen. It bounced off the boards and hit Moose in the back of the neck and went in. Totally against the run of play. I thought Devils competed well for the first half of the game but really struggled in the second half. Every time we had the puck we gave it back to the Steelers. The usual slick passing and creative play just suddenly stopped. Did the lines change or something?. It was hard to see when the camera is a mile away from the ice.
Still a win is a win.

ASHIPP

A real gutsy performance from the Devils. Took a lot to keep their nerve into overtime after Steelers equalising so near to the end of regulation and being the better team in p3.

Fantastic result to come away from Sheffield with any points. Hope this is a massive confidence for our Guys.