Season Over ?

pjj365

The grant is specifically for the loss of revenue from fans. So the Devils would get nearly all of it I would imagine.
Agreed but it is the governing body bit which bugs me.
Or will there but be a pro-rated split with Deeside Dragons - do they still exist?

tim78

I read it as the Elite league can request a grant.

I'm sure the elite league will be notified and it can easily be proved as we only have 1 facility that can verify the claim.

kingmo19.1

Let’s not forget Kingmo’s Cardiff Bay Golden Knights - we’ve been somewhat under the radar admittedly and the VPL is a rather obscure professional league, but looking to split the pot 50/50 with the Devils ! :)

kingmo19.1

I think it’s safe to say that none of them have a clue! Nobody can predict an exact date when things might return to normal - many have tried and had a substantial amount of egg splattered all over their faces - from established and well known politicians down to our long lost friend DevilsATW !!!!

moggy#9

I think it’s safe to say that none of them have a clue! Nobody can predict an exact date when things might return to normal - many have tried and had a substantial amount of egg splattered all over their faces - from established and well known politicians down to our long lost friend DevilsATW !!!!
I think that, while it might take a few years to get over this completely (the 2024 date), we will see some changes later this year to make things easier. Expect to have to produce vaccination cards to get into places where social distancing isn't possible and mandatory hotel quarantine after international travel to be a fixture. The latter may well mean no chl, as we currently know it.

Devil94

So to answer the question in the thread title; yes it is. Turns out the English government 'support' was loans only, which is no good. Scottish, NI and Welsh governments support packages are grants, which is great to see.