Season Cancelled

d20

No but other leagues have taken spots as they are ,some teams have got CHL spots on that so thats what shoudl happen.

Pope#42

Absolutely the right decision. Sad to have ended the season this way but the safety of players and fans etc is paramount.

I wish all players - ours and other team players - a safe return home to their families. Also - Thank you for an entertaining season. This season has been one of the most competitive and it’s been one hell of a ride! Off I go to renew my season ticket!

Swarley

I think you either have to take the league positions as they currently stand or maybe finish the league off first part of next season instead of all those meaningless challenge cup games.
Scrap the challenge cup games?? Steelers won't have that, it's the Stanley Cup of trophies according to them! It's the most important trophy in the league because they won it lol

hip check

Not sure about us being given the league title, any one of 5 teams could've realistically won it.
Giving it to us would be on the basis of the law of probabilities.
Nobody won the league, games in hand could all end as defeats, who knows who would've beaten who? a lot of the games involved potential winners facing off against each other.
Not sure what the plan will be but I wouldn't want the league title on default.

The EIHL have used the word’Cancelled’ not shortened or ended or suspended.
Therefore all results will be expunged from the records and as a consequence of this there will be no League Champion declared.
The Chl will in all probability offer the Devils the Chl spot to be consistent with other places awarded to other European teams whose leagues were unable to complete!
In my opinion.

Devils86

The EIHL have used the word’Cancelled’ not shortened or ended or suspended.
Therefore all results will be expunged from the records and as a consequence of this there will be no League Champion declared.
The Chl will in all probability offer the Devils the Chl spot to be consistent with other places awarded to other European teams whose leagues were unable to complete!
In my opinion.
Appreciate the caveat of “In my opinion” - I’d counter that the EIHL release says they have cancelled all remaining games, not the whole season.

This season will go down with an asterisk explaining the reduced number of games etc.

Mazzoak

Unprecedented times.
I’ll go with the popular belief and state that this is the right thing to do.
I just wish the media & people could place some perspective on figures, such as 3,318 million people in Wales today don’t have the virus & 38 do.

BostonBart22

Well done Devils on yet another amazing season , ups and downs along the way but that goes with all sports, thankyou players you gave your best, thank you owners for keeping us going and thank you the fans for being there every week, move on to our next game as and when, good luck to all the imports and families travel safe..