Season Cancelled

Devils86

Interesting to see the consequences for honours and personnel. Correct decision of course.

Look forward to further information in due course.

Imp

Yes, the season is over.
I would expect many imports to travel home very soon, while they still can.
Do we know this for a fact?
The announcement refers to the regular season and the rest of the season, but it's really not explicit in whether play-offs (which are still a full month away) are included. I kind of assume that they are ... but I also think of them as post-season games.

terry hunt

I suspect the playoffs and world championships will be called off.
I dont see players travelling between US/Canada and assorted european teams being viable.With leagues shut down players fitness could be an issue.
It could be a blessing in disguise for players like Bowns he could get a real rest

terry hunt

Do we know this for a fact?
The announcement refers to the regular season and the rest of the season, but it's really not explicit in whether play-offs (which are still a full month away) are included. I kind of assume that they are ... but I also think of them as post-season games.
I notice that the Canadians are asking Trump for assurances that the border will remain open.
Players may want to get home to their families while they still can.

Feel for the two poor sods who will have to self isolate for fourteen days. In a way I hope they are brits, because if they are imports they may miss the boat so to speak.

Finny

Sheffield won a trophy. Let them have chl place
Seriously?
CHL qualification has always been based on League position. Trophies are irrelevant.
When the league has been granted two CHL spots the second has gone to second place in the league. Not who won a trophy in the playoffs or CC.

I can see the argument for not awarding us the league title but not one for us not getting the CHL spot.