SC Bern Vs Devils - Sat 8th Sept 2018 / 7:45 (CEST) - CHL

august04

Bowns looked so much more comfortable from the off, he had a great game. Poor breakdown for their first goal for the 2 on 1 but we were the better team for two periods. They came on very strong in the third though, real shame we couldn’t hang on as we deserved something out of that. Well played Devils.

Foxy

Gutted for the boys. We should have/deserved to have got something out of that game.

Bowns solid in goal today but we still have to watch that when the D pushes forward the forwards have to cover. Prime example was the 2nd goal.

Martins goal was simply sublime and it was so good to see Myers back

Devil_Abroad

I want to know what jobs some of the devils supporters got?
They always seem to be at away games every week?

How do they afford it and how do they get the time off work to travel etc.

Some of the red army travel to Wednesday games Saturday n Sunday games.
Travel to Europe when we play there too.

Can I have a job with you that allows me that time off work?
Or a job that pays so high you can do this all the time?
It’s our main holiday this year and we’ll be paying for it for a long while. We find the cheapest flights and hotels.

Maybe if you sacrifice your main holiday and choose wisely on what you spend your money you might be able to join the 200 next year?

Mazzoak

So So close.

Torn between is it worth watching in the hope one team has an off night and we steal a win, is it a great experience for our guys to keep getting beat or is it a great spectacle to watch and improve our players game.

Personally it’s great that fans dedicate that much time and money to travel to these games, how or why they do it shouldn’t be up for debate, it’s their choice and nobodies forcing anyone to follow them. It’s not for me, 5 weeks a year are spent doing activities that interest me more.

OJLloyd

I want to know what jobs some of the devils supporters got?
They always seem to be at away games every week?

How do they afford it and how do they get the time off work to travel etc.

Some of the red army travel to Wednesday games Saturday n Sunday games.
Travel to Europe when we play there too.

Can I have a job with you that allows me that time off work?
Or a job that pays so high you can do this all the time?
We were all very lucky to experience a great couple of days in Europe. The home fans were all very nice, and I think we left an impression on them from a fan point of view, but also how well our team played.

If we play like we did last night we’ll do very well this year.

mjh

Great to see some of the mainstays playing well (Bowns, Martin and Myers). The CHL is a step up but experience can only be good for the team. Maybe with a kinder draw in the group stages we might have gone to the next round?? We weren’t too far away in any of the games and competed really well. Would be interested to hear what people think about the number of minutes Blood spends in the penalty box. He seems to get called at least once per game..

Hedd Wyn John

Great to see some of the mainstays playing well (Bowns, Martin and Myers). The CHL is a step up but experience can only be good for the team. Maybe with a kinder draw in the group stages we might have gone to the next round?? We weren’t too far away in any of the games and competed really well. Would be interested to hear what people think about the number of minutes Blood spends in the penalty box. He seems to get called at least once per game..
Blood has a track record of spending a lot of time in the box, but he’s a great player. He knows when to give a penalty, like he had no choice with that hooking yesterday- the player was advancing on Bowns in a very dangerous position.

RedDevil17

I thought all of the players played well in most games (including reddick!) and we worked our nuts off but one thing to note is that you cannot shorten the bench in the CHL which Lord has a habit of doing. You just can't do it against skilled teams and you need to keep your 4 lines rolling to save energy for the top players, sometimes it its good to have your gritty line out there anyway. Thats where you ice your Rutkis'. We were lucky with the draw as there were certainly tougher teams out there but we shown we can compete with the best of them. Even though we're out of the competition we can say we did ourselves proud and showed we are no pushovers. Blood is just unlucky because he throws hits and they get called in the european style of game whereas in the EIHL they tend to let things flow a bit more. But more importantly:

LET'S GO DEVILS!

The_Puck

I was lucky enough to go to the game yesterday. Myself and other fans were saying that terracing is amazing and should be set up in IAW. It made us so much louder yesterday imo.

Meridian

I thought all of the players played well in most games (including reddick!) and we worked our nuts off but one thing to note is that you cannot shorten the bench in the CHL which Lord has a habit of doing. You just can't do it against skilled teams and you need to keep your 4 lines rolling to save energy for the top players, sometimes it its good to have your gritty line out there anyway. Thats where you ice your Rutkis'. We were lucky with the draw as there were certainly tougher teams out there but we shown we can compete with the best of them. Even though we're out of the competition we can say we did ourselves proud and showed we are no pushovers. Blood is just unlucky because he throws hits and they get called in the european style of game whereas in the EIHL they tend to let things flow a bit more. But more importantly:

LET'S GO DEVILS!
Didn't we have like 2 league winners and the runners up in our group?? Thought ours was one of the hardest!!

Anyone saying our group is easy, does not know European hockey. SC Bern are probably the hottest, and richest, team in Europe outside of the KHL - they have won the NLA back to back the past 2 years. Vaxjo have won the SHL back to back, and were tipped to win the CHL last year and again this year. Salzburg may have been runners up in the EBEL last season, but previous to last season they were back-to-back-to-back champions!!?? ... We had probably the toughest group in the competition.

I’m going to call: Sarcasm.

Shame we don’t have punctuation to clearly show when intended in the written word.
Very much so responding to meridian who was questioning reddevil17, saying we where “lucky with the draw” I say we had a group of death, atleast reddevil17 is showing off his lack of hockey knowledge.

RedDevil17

Very much so responding to meridian who was questioning reddevil17, saying we where “lucky with the draw” I say we had a group of death, atleast reddevil17 is showing off his lack of hockey knowledge.
Don’t get me wrong we had a very difficult group but there were harder groups out there. Still pleased and proud nonetheless. Also Maverick, who the hell do you think you are questioning my hockey knowledge? Just because I have an opinion about the group automatically means I know nothing about hockey? ✌️

Last edited: