Rutkiss ...

Legin

No brit is having his trade restricted, the bench size is 19 players on a game day any brit who is good enough can take one of those spots.
You can then add up to 3 x U23 brit players to the bench for player development.
You can have as many brits as you like but they have to compete for a spot.

pjj365

We could ice an all Brit 6 if we wanted
Bowns, Batch, Richies, Myers, Duggan, Moore (didn't Lordo ice that line up with Rutkis rather than Duggan earlier in the season)
Suggest with good will and encouragement (and some gambling) the days of Brits challenging for one of the 14 import slots may be coming although not tomorrow!!!
Legin's challenge is happening albeit slowly

Ibbz9

restricting the amount of over 23 year old british players is 100% restricting their trade. its farcical.
The amount of over-23 year old British players is only restricted after 19 roster places have been taken. A team can make up their entire roster with thirty year old Brits if they so wish. I would hardly call it restricting their trade.

pjj365

The amount of over-23 year old British players is only restricted after 19 roster places have been taken. A team can make up their entire roster with thirty year old Brits if they so wish. I would hardly call it restricting their trade.
Surely 19 over 23s and 3 under
And let's not confuse roster which can be as big as you like and what can be iced which is where the rules come in
But fair point about how the team can be made up and restriction of trade - or not

Ibbz9

Surely 19 over 23s and 3 under
And let's not confuse roster which can be as big as you like and what can be iced which is where the rules come in
But fair point about how the team can be made up and restriction of trade - or not
Correct. A roster can be made totally out of older Brits, plus three under 23s. Certainly not a restriction of trade. There are other factors that prevent that; mainly budget and type/quality of player.

pjj365

Correct. A roster can be made totally out of older Brits, plus three under 23s. Certainly not a restriction of trade. There are other factors that prevent that; mainly budget and type/quality of player.
The roster does not have to include 3 under 23s but if you take that route you will only be able to have a bench of 19 and given 1 must be a backup nettie that's 18 out players

Ibbz9

The roster does not have to include 3 under 23s but if you take that route you will only be able to have a bench of 19 and given 1 must be a backup nettie that's 18 out players
I know there are "ifs buts and maybes", my point is, the whole team can be British. There is not a restriction of trade for British players.

Finny

restricting the amount of over 23 year old british players is 100% restricting their trade. its farcical.
No it isn't.

We can sign as many over 23 brits as we want. But league rules determing how many players can ice per game and how that number is split up.

jimmy snels

in my opinion it is finny and you can play with the figures as much as we like but by allowing over double (nearly triple!!) the forgein players to play here per team than british lads over 23 you are hugely restricting their trade.