Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

moggy#9

So our first game is 7 weeks today.
Usually players arrive the week before.

So over the next 6 weeks we have 11 players to announce.
I'm guessing the majority of those will be announced during the Calgary Stampede.
That's next weekend, isn't it? To be fair, we already have a good idea who might be coming, but I'm hoping for a couple of surprises, especially in the defensive corps.

Devil94

So who could those 11 be

Forwards: Sanford, Cox, Crandall, Davies, Britton. Possible Budish

Defencemen: Register, Batch, Crawford, new d-man

Goalies: Kozun

Devil94

I'm a big fan of Jardine, but for that reason I'm kind of hoping he's not back yet. He's young and good enough to play in the best leagues in Europe, especially after ending last year in Helsinki. Hopefully for him he can pick up a big contract for the next few years then come back to us.
I think Ben Blood is more realistic in terms of where he is in his life, and also the type of d-man we need.

moggy#9

I'm a big fan of Jardine, but for that reason I'm kind of hoping he's not back yet. He's young and good enough to play in the best leagues in Europe, especially after ending last year in Helsinki. Hopefully for him he can pick up a big contract for the next few years then come back to us.
I think Ben Blood is more realistic in terms of where he is in his life, and also the type of d-man we need.
If love either jardine or ben blood back. Blood now has a young family, and Cardiff would be an ideal place to spend a few years.

Diablo3

If Register doesn't return (saw a rumour somewhere) then Blood and Jardine would be a nice combo

Devil94

Yeah, the qualifying offer doesn't really affect us. All it means is that he hasn't signed a contract with Adirondack yet, but they have protected him until July 16th, so no other ECHL team can sign him until then. Doesn't stop him from signing in another league though. And if he isn't singed by Adirondack after July 16th he's a free agent available to other ECHL teams too.

moggy#9

His stats don't leap out of the screen at you, but we know that doesn't tell the whole story. Interestingly in the first video that I found of him, the commentator described him as one of the most underrated players in the league. I can't imagine that the devils would be interested without having some decent scouting on him.

Devil94

It's hard to find much information on him at all, but he sounds like just a dependable, no flash d-man that can jump in to the play when needed. Someone to play with a more offensive d-man (like Crawford).
But his point production is actually pretty good, and Adirondack have kept him around for a few years which is a good sign. He's also played a lot of games in seasons (70+) which is another good sign.