Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

There was a suggestion on Twitter that as De Luca apparently failed to provide a second sample for testing (and instead left the country) that he is subject to a longer ban (measured in years) - whether that is true or not, no idea.
I read that and the writer seemed very sure and confident of what he was saying.
Like you though I have no idea

terry hunt

I am pretty sure he was banned here but quickly got a spot with Trois Riveres.
Later he joined the Mavericks.
I dont know whether had an official ban or just jumped ship.
Surprised the Steelers would have him back.

Devils86

Ban would be from UK ice hockey not worldwide. Suggestion at the time of his departure to Riveres was that their local marijuana laws were not as strict as the UK

Swarley

Him and the steelers avoided the ban by transferring him to a club outside of the UK, steelers are just as sneaky as deluca for doing this, I would expect other clubs to protest having him back as he could be a liability if he's stoned or high.

moggy#9

I have very little respect for Steelers as an organisation anyway, but having him back would be a disgrace. If he ends up back in this league, he should be specifically drug tested every game.

This is supposed to be a family sport and to effectively condone drug use undermines that and sets and awfully example to young fans.

Kevlar68

That's a piss take, the second highest earning player after Ronaldo and gets his season ticket for free, what a joke if it's a real article.