Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

Swarley

I would have brandt back, I think McNally is a better player but Brandt throws hit after hit where McNally throws hits once a month, McNally is more likely to score more goals though
McNally was decent right up until he got his first injury with us, after that he looked like he was lost when it came to throwing hits, the main reason I'd take Brandt over McNally is because he will throw a hit at anyone regardless of their size and he just has such a solid set of feet on the ice, I also think he has a lot to offer the club and Dupont definitely saw something in him to give him more ice time.

For me it's a must sign back not just for popularity but because he is a young guy who has a lot to offer.

RedDevil17

The question you all need to ask yourself is can we do better than Riley Brandt? For me, yes we can.

He’s a good role player sure, but we can definitely upgrade on him in my opinion.

Swarley

The question you all need to ask yourself is can we do better than Riley Brandt? For me, yes we can.

He’s a good role player sure, but we can definitely upgrade on him in my opinion.
That all depends on what style of hockey Dupont wants the team to play, some "upgrades" really didn't do much in the way of throwing hits and lighting a fire under the teams ass like Brandt did, his first game he came out and leveled someone with a clean hit and it just sparked the whole team and got them fired up.

voth26

We probably could upgrade but then your looking at more money and no guarantees of them being a success, so if your going to pay an amount then Riley is your man, he's a fan favourite and to be fair he isn't afraid to throw a big check

Mazzoak

That is true of every player, in every sport, there is a financial limit, you want to profit financial not waste your kids inheritance. Besides as has already been mentioned, Brandt at this point in time is bringing fans some much needed entertainment, now if he starts costing us games, fans being fans typically will turn opinion against him. What we need is budget friendly, entertaining players who also play very well & win games, it’s not much to ask, is it………….

jenks33

Disappointing but it must be a financial decision. I’m sure Dixon has been on very good money during his time in Cardiff and had he come back here next season I’m sure he’d be on our third line. I don’t blame the club for not wanting to spend a lot of money on a third liner. Great servant for us though