Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

Bailey Conger - Elite Prospects

Apologies if it's already been mentioned but i noticed this guy has started following the Devils on Instagram. I wonder if there's anything in it. It's not a CV that jumps out at you but he seemed to have a decent second half of the season at Kansas City last year. He was up for the ECHL goal of the year, not sure if he won it or not.

Or maybe we've signed another player from Kansas City, a player that both Brodie Reid and Bailey Conger played with and that's possibly why Conger has started following us.

Or maybe there's absolutely nothing in it and it's a random follow :)
Bailey Conger………….Eel do nicely!

Diablo3

Soooo we must be having an announcement on Friday given the number of announcements from other teams this week, My guess is a double Batch and Davies.

E.D.S.

I'd love Brandt to be back but I wonder if he is one of the guys that's looking for more money - completely understandable given his contributions on and off the ice - I think Todd mentioned that 'some players will move on and up, some players will retire, some players want more money' so all the players won't be returning. It wouldn't surprise me if Brandt is one of those guys. First real year pro last season, came in mid way as a complete punt, last forward on the sheet so would have been relatively cheap. He then goes on to star, proves he's truly unique and works his way up the lines. He earned his stripes last year and he crowd surfs!

I wonder if we can accommodate him and a potential request for more in the make up of the team.

I bloody hope so!!

As for Batch.... a stand out year for him last year. Such a great season. He looked as sharp and as fit as I've ever seen him. He skated so well and read the game to a standard I've not seen from him before. Physical when he had to be, got his stick in the lanes, forced players wide and blocked shots (and also brilliant offensively). Carruth must have loved him.

Devil94

I'm sure Brandt will be looking for a little more money, they all will be after winning the play offs, but I don't think that much more, I think he would just be happy to be back regardless.
The question is whether Dupes and Todd thinks he's worth it or if that money is better spent elsewhere. Impossible for us to say so far as we don't know the make up of the rest of the roster.
He's one of the players I'm on the fence about. I thought he had a fantastic play off final which has changed my opinion slightly in his favour. And we will need a player or two on the cheaper end of the scale, and it is a risk signing someone of a similar background to Brandt, and so getting someone we know and like is a good thing. Would be happy to see him back, but for me he's certainly not a must resigning like it seems he is for some.

Kevin roog

I would have brandt back, I think McNally is a better player but Brandt throws hit after hit where McNally throws hits once a month, McNally is more likely to score more goals though

I'm sure Brandt will be looking for a little more money, they all will be after winning the play offs, but I don't think that much more, I think he would just be happy to be back regardless.
The question is whether Dupes and Todd thinks he's worth it or if that money is better spent elsewhere. Impossible for us to say so far as we don't know the make up of the rest of the roster.
He's one of the players I'm on the fence about. I thought he had a fantastic play off final which has changed my opinion slightly in his favour. And we will need a player or two on the cheaper end of the scale, and it is a risk signing someone of a similar background to Brandt, and so getting someone we know and like is a good thing. Would be happy to see him back, but for me he's certainly not a must resigning like it seems he is for some.
You have summed up my thoughts on Brandt up perfectly. He really did turn my head with his display in the Play Off final too.

Diablo3

You have summed up my thoughts on Brandt up perfectly. He really did turn my head with his display in the Play Off final too.
I think that was a sign of things to come from Brandt. He got more ice time when Skalde left, and his over all game improved as a result. I'd certainly have him back.

Finny

For me the return of Bowns allows for the re-signing of Brandt (assuming we re-sign all our brits).
It allows us to put an import on that 4th line without requiring them to contribute offensively.

But it's not all about goals anyway. The Playoff Final v Belfast was a great example of how important a player like Brandt and a checking line can be. There was a point where Belfast were starting to get on top and dominate, so Brandt went out and smashed everything (legally) within sight. Not only did it break their domination but I think we might have even scored shortly after?

And whilst he didn't score many goals whilst he was here, he's shown previously in his career that he can. With a full pre-season and more ice time who knows what he could do. I'd love to see him back this coming season.

kingmo19.1

I’d like to see Brandt return, but it does make me somewhat sad that although he finishes his checks, an individual who now partakes in that part of the game is being highlighted and somewhat lauded for that where in the old days that style of play was the norm and more akin to a basic requirement.

Sad that the game has changed over the years - to its detriment in the U.K.