Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

Re the intro music”kick start my heart” it’s about a drug overdose and needing his heart re started. Probably be stopped if sully gets any complaints
"Hell yeah" is about sex so I guess that's that one out too, "kickstart my heart" is a good song to use I think the intro part (where the guitar is mimicking and engine revving) just needs to be edited out so it starts straight into the riff

RedDevil17

I'm with Temme on this one. For me, Blood was a far better player. He was clearly too good for this league from the outset and i'm happy that he's had a second opportunity at Liiga.

Schiestel was a decent signing at the point in the season that we had him, but he frustrated me considerably at times. He wasn't flashy, but I could never work out if he was supposed to be defensive or offensive (hence the 2-way tag i suppose) as he was never brilliant at either. I think it speaks volumes that he's at Coventry now and not a bigger team (with all due respect to them).
Talking of Schiestel...http://www.coventryblaze.co.uk/news/schiestel-named-blaze-captain-20190906

I liked Schiestel and was disappointed the club didn’t match Coventry’s offer.

But Blood is a different level all together. The fact he’s been offered a 3 year deal in Liiga and is seen as one of their premier D men, whilst Schiestel has signed for an 8th place battle in the EIHL.

Devils86

I liked Schiestel and was disappointed the club didn’t match Coventry’s offer.

But Blood is a different level all together. The fact he’s been offered a 3 year deal in Liiga and is seen as one of their premier D men, whilst Schiestel has signed for an 8th place battle in the EIHL.
ISTR one of the main selling points for Blaze was their Sports Management degree as opposed to the MBA?

But overall I think we can be happy - I was a fan of Drew and he made a difference to us last year when we needed someone - but I’m more than happy with the replacements of Jardine and McMonagle

JT666

Me no speak french but i take it he is in trouble...yeah??
“Haunted by problems with cocaine use and compulsive gambling, Patrick Bordeleau says he has a vague memory of being on the rink in the North Petroleum uniform last spring in the North American Hockey League playoffs.”

Must be difficult returning to some resemblance of reality after briefly earning so much in the NHL.

Read one article about the high suicide rates in the NFL as young men, largely from low socio economic backgrounds fail to adapt to life once their very brief careers (and earnings) are over. A lot just seem to blow their money, and either go bankrupt or fall into depression. Sad really.

CaldicotDevil

“Haunted by problems with cocaine use and compulsive gambling, Patrick Bordeleau says he has a vague memory of being on the rink in the North Petroleum uniform last spring in the North American Hockey League playoffs.”

Must be difficult returning to some resemblance of reality after briefly earning so much in the NHL.

Read one article about the high suicide rates in the NFL as young men, largely from low socio economic backgrounds fail to adapt to life once their very brief careers (and earnings) are over. A lot just seem to blow their money, and either go bankrupt or fall into depression. Sad really.
Interesting read. I’ve always been critical on Bordys time in Cardiff. IMO he was brought in to look after other players but he never seemed that interested in doing it (Apart from Klotz which seemed a bit more personal than for the team).

This articles a reminder for of just how broken these tough guys can be by the time they get to the EIHL.