Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

kingmo19.1

Another Forum argument successfully defused and resolved by Kingmo19.1 mediation services :)

If you have a forum gripe you need resolving, just call 02920 666666 and ask for Kingmo19.1

Kingmo19.1 mediation services : We turn your enemies into your best mates (for life!).

I find it strange that some are making player assessments this early, but their right and opinion to do so.
People who do, have they trust in Lordo ? after all he has made those signings / re-signings.
Lordo is a highly performing coach who could easily walk into an AHL team as a minimum,
lets have a bit more respect for his judgement, it hasn't done us any harm since he has arrived.

jenks33

I find it strange that some are making player assessments this early, but their right and opinion to do so.
People who do, have they trust in Lordo ? after all he has made those signings / re-signings.
Lordo is a highly performing coach who could easily walk into an AHL team as a minimum,
lets have a bit more respect for his judgement, it hasn't done us any harm since he has arrived.
I have a lot of faith in Lordo. You can certainly count on one hand his big mistakes since he took over as head coach 5 years ago, which is incredible really. Most coaches make half a dozen big errors every season but Lordo's big errors are very rare. But even the best make mistakes (i.e. Drew Paris)
Look at arguably the best football coach in history - Alex Ferguson. Don't you think he dropped a few clangers over the years? ( For the football fans out there I give you Eric Djemba-Djemba and Kleberson). In my opinion you can question one or two decisions whilst still having faith in a manager.

august04

If it was so easy to walk into a coaching job in the AHL as a minimum, he would do it. There are good coaches all over the world, in higher leagues than ours and not so many AHL jobs or better! Hopefully, he can get there one day but it's not so easy!

If it was so easy to walk into a coaching job in the AHL as a minimum, he would do it. There are good coaches all over the world, in higher leagues than ours and not so many AHL jobs or better! Hopefully, he can get there one day but it's not so easy!
Here’s another comment to soon be screenshot by opposition fans in the future

Oh for goodness sake. That isn't even a real possibility. The AHL regularly scout the EIHL for their next coaching options....

The best Lord could hope for going direct to the AHL would be as an assistant. To AHL and even ECHL he is completely unproven. I’d even be surprised to see him get a HC role on an East Coast team.

That’s no disrespect to Andrew, it’s just how the EIHL is viewed in North America. Not only that, but it’s a very different set up. The HC does little, if any, of his own recruiting and has to put up with a plethora of personnel issues, be it veteran rules, call ups, scratches, trades etc - most of which are completely out of the hands of a HC. In the eyes of most teams he isn’t prepared for that yet and would be a gamble.

Rolfs got all the answers folks, then again most cockneys have.
Rolf?

But yes I’m right. However, where was the “Pure joy” in your answer, “happy hockey days”, “Owners are wonderful”, “love you Steve x”, “see you in beautiful Cardiff, Steve where I’ll harass you and tell everyone we’re mates”?
We’re missing your cringefest posts so much.

Mooney#16

In the spirit of every cloud having a silver lining after tonight’s game it’ll officially be the end of the off season and with that in mind no one will have a need to post in this thread ever again. Thank fuck!

Excuse my potty mouth!

matbur

Or rather, one poster... We'll look forward to your valuable contribution to the forum whether that's here or on Twitter.
No problem Chris, but it will at least be balanced whether you agree or not.

Appreciate the post in question is not necessarily a shared view, but posts of that nature give the forum a bad name.

Can walk straight into the AHL :D :D. Never fail to get a chuckle on here.