Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

jenks33

So I’m going to be in complete defence of both Haddad and Pope. Both put their bodies on the line each time they play and clearly love playing for the Devils. It was unfortunate that they both had issues at the end of the season but anyone who knew a little bit about what was going on or even actually spoke to both would understand why that was the case.

Both Haddad and Pope have been absolutely smashing it in the off season to get back to their absolute best and I look forward to seeing what they can do this season.

The only elephant in the room for me, is the absolutely shameful way some “fans” have approached our players on social media, the abuse Reddick, Pope, Bowns and various others have received has been sickening especially when there is a dip in performance, which the majority of the time is for a justifiable reason and not disclosed for damn good reasons.

I was waiting for a response like this. With nothing to back it up. First of all I’m happy Haddad is back, I love him. My argument is we need a spare import because I’m not convinced his body can handle a 80 game season ( all competitions)

Pope on the other hand. I want him to have a great season and I’ve got no issues with fans that are happy to give him a second chance. My issue has been with fans that are adamant we haven’t got anything to worry about as far as our roster is concerned.

Pope has scored in 1 of his last 28 games for the devils. Care to comment on that? Saying “ he gives 100%” is BS I’m afraid. I could give 100% but it doesn’t mean I’m up to the job.

Rob Batch

I think Pope earns his money as an enabler, he helps the scorers score. He makes plays offf of the puck and does hard work which is why Lordo 'rates' him. I feel positive Popey will shine again this season.

I was waiting for a response like this. With nothing to back it up. First of all I’m happy Haddad is back, I love him. My argument is we need a spare import because I’m not convinced his body can handle a 80 game season ( all competitions)

Pope on the other hand. I want him to have a great season and I’ve got no issues with fans that are happy to give him a second chance. My issue has been with fans that are adamant we haven’t got anything to worry about as far as our roster is concerned.

Pope has scored in 1 of his last 28 games for the devils. Care to comment on that? Saying “ he gives 100%” is BS I’m afraid. I could give 100% but it doesn’t mean I’m up to the job.
Im sure you are fully aware why Pope wasn’t at his full 100% towards the end of the season and why he wasn’t scoring as he had in the previous season. I won’t go into it myself, as that’s for the team and Pope to make public when and if they choose to and not on this public forum. I’m happy to see Lordo has kept him in the team and based on what Pope was doing during off season, I would say he’s going to be back, showing why he was rightfully kept.

As for our roster - I’m sure that Lordo has that on his mind. If a spare import is required, I have no doubt he will bring someone in but we haven’t even started the season and none of us know what can happen with our players. I trust that the right decisions will be made at the right time.

Swarley

Im sure you are fully aware why Pope wasn’t at his full 100% towards the end of the season and why he wasn’t scoring as he had in the previous season. I won’t go into it myself, as that’s for the team and Pope to make public when and if they choose to and not on this public forum. I’m happy to see Lordo has kept him in the team and based on what Pope was doing during off season, I would say he’s going to be back, showing why he was rightfully kept.

As for our roster - I’m sure that Lordo has that on his mind. If a spare import is required, I have no doubt he will bring someone in but we haven’t even started the season and none of us know what can happen with our players. I trust that the right decisions will be made at the right time.
Given how popes playing tonight I'm happy he's showing effort and I hope he keeps it up.

jenks33

No idea actually. That’s all I know is he played all 60 league games and has scored in 1 of his last 28 games. I agree that you shouldn’t parade it on a public forum so you can DM me if you want?

august04

By again bringing up the well debated/roundly criticised abuse dished out to certain players last year and defending Pope’s performance last season (when most people on here have said they hope he has a good season and returns to form!), all you’re doing is trawling this stuff up again for even more scrutiny and discussion. You seem to have inside knowledge but do the guy a favour, let him do his talking on the ice. If he consistently does that to the best of his ability, nobody will criticise him.

Last edited:

bb1

So I’m going to be in complete defence of both Haddad and Pope. Both put their bodies on the line each time they play and clearly love playing for the Devils. It was unfortunate that they both had issues at the end of the season but anyone who knew a little bit about what was going on or even actually spoke to both would understand why that was the case.

Both Haddad and Pope have been absolutely smashing it in the off season to get back to their absolute best and I look forward to seeing what they can do this season.

The only elephant in the room for me, is the absolutely shameful way some “fans” have approached our players on social media, the abuse Reddick, Pope, Bowns and various others have received has been sickening especially when there is a dip in performance, which the majority of the time is for a justifiable reason and not disclosed for damn good reasons.
I really hope that Matt Pope does show up this season and give us 110% in the way guys like Reddick, Duggan, Dixon etc....do shift in shift out.

I do not agree at all with 'bulling' on twitter and Reddick and Bownes have taken unnecessary flack but with regard to Pope...he reaped what he sowed as he on countless times dished out tweets insinuating a fan is FAT, calling another names as well as calling out fellow players like Fuccini. If you cant take it then don't dish it out! Its all a bit pathetic really.

The guy is a quality player when he shows up and can be one of our best. He now has made a statement in recent interview that he loves to throw huge hits to get the crowd going which is slightly confusing to me but he did throw a big one last night. For me if he plays the way Dixon and Duggan do then he will be a real force to be reckoned with. I hope he proves all his critics wrong including me and helps us to some epic victories both domestically and in the CHL.

jenks33

I think we should stop discussing Haddad and Pope - period!
It serves no purpose and gets you nowhere.
(Yes,I know this is a forum)
With all due respect you could say that about 90% of topics on here. It's just people having opinions and getting things off their chest. People shouldn't have to bite their tongues because the rose-tinted specs brigade don't like it. Personally I don't think anybody goes over the top on here. Twitter is a different story.
Everybody agrees that they want Pope to do well. We are all Devils fans and I would love Pope to get a goal against Budapest and then go on to score 10 in 10.

Rob Batch

CHL games are being live-streamed by freesports (via prem-player for me) but I cannot find any reference to the Mountfield HK away game. Does anyone have any info on this ?

Have just looked but still no joy. Can you explain precisely please.
Click on the Freesports logo on the EIHL main page... When it takes you to the Freesports web page, click on the tab named "our sports". This will show a few options. Click on the Ice Hockey heading then click on the CHL tab. This should bring up the schedule for you.

Rob Batch

Similar thread but still nonsense, the dwarves n rusties have streamed their ' pre-seasons' which raises the age old question about tech . Pro's n con's ?