Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

jenks33

Would be a hell of a signing. Can’t see it but we’ve seen some top players come here recently. I just think at 28 and going at a point a game in the DEL in the past 2 seasons surely he’s looking at a higher league. Hope I’m wrong mind!

jenks33

This article indicates that there will be no further additions to the roster so I doubt it.

View attachment 1105
Although it says it in that article I’ll be shocked if we don’t sign another import forward. I think Lordo is probably waiting to see which players aren’t offered a top contract in North America. Giants, Steelers and Panthers are all carrying a spare import. We are if you include mosey but we won’t be seeing him for a while

Wannabe2

I certainly think we will sign another player, Our club want that title back, as has already been stated some good players will be available shortly. It’s a balancing act.

jimmy snels

an argument could be made our lack of signing a big replacement last year for ben blood when we clearly needed an injection of a new guy during our poor run cost us the league. im praying we dont go light compared to the other top teams

Ocko

No not if your waiting to see who hasn’t made the grade. For me we still have one guy to come.
Depends how seriously we are taking the CHL. If we wait for the knock on effect of training camps in North America to get a spare, then our CHL campaign is near finished by the time they even start.

I think we will get a spare but I think it’ll be a reactive thing to an injury rather than just running with one from the off.

zoesdevil

Depends how seriously we are taking the CHL. If we wait for the knock on effect of training camps in North America to get a spare, then our CHL campaign is near finished by the time they even start.

I think we will get a spare but I think it’ll be a reactive thing to an injury rather than just running with one from the off.
I think if we do that then we will be put ourselves on the back foot, having to find a replacement, get his Visa sorted (if needed) & get him over here, which could cost us a loss, but that could make a big difference like last season, as 1 loss was the difference between us & Giants winning the league.

tim78

With the Team we have, I can't see us making another signing, Rutkis and Duggan are capable of stepping up to the plate and we've already had a demonstration of the team with out Joey.

Surely it's just as strong case to have better paid players than having a spare. I know the feeling of wanting a big signing to settle those nerves and feel like the like the league is ours, but this team measures to all the others (Shef and Belfast) and that means competitive and tense hockey which is far better (surely you're missing the old Coventry and Shuf grudge matches).

Let's see how this weekend pans out against what I see as a far less experienced and ready panthers.

jenks33

With the Team we have, I can't see us making another signing, Rutkis and Duggan are capable of stepping up to the plate and we've already had a demonstration of the team with out Joey.

Surely it's just as strong case to have better paid players than having a spare. I know the feeling of wanting a big signing to settle those nerves and feel like the like the league is ours, but this team measures to all the others (Shef and Belfast) and that means competitive and tense hockey which is far better (surely you're missing the old Coventry and Shuf grudge matches).

Let's see how this weekend pans out against what I see as a far less experienced and ready panthers.
I'm not worried about Duggan and Rutkis. I'm sure they will step up and perform when needed. It's the fitness and form of one or two others that worries me.

voth26

I'm not worried about Duggan and Rutkis. I'm sure they will step up and perform when needed. It's the fitness and form of one or two others that worries me.
We've played 2 games pre-season, not every playing is going to be on top form yet?, as long as their fitness and form is there for start of CHL and league games then pre season has done its job for me anyways

Ocko

Duggan is EIHL ready and will play regular minutes for sure - he was last season and looks even better this term. Rutkis isn’t though and I would be surprised if he gets more than a couple of shifts a game and if Swindon have a game thats where he will spend his time. If we have an injury crisis it will just limit our ability to roll 4 lines.