Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

jenks33

I wonder if Kevin Montgomery will be back in the mix as a potential D man for us?
I’d be surprised if this happened. 12 months ago I think it was a possibility but he played just the 11 games for Atlanta in the ECHL last season. I might be wrong but I think he’s got a part time job outside of hockey as well. If rumours are true though he’s good mates with Lordo so could happen

Devil94

I'm starting to think possibly that the lines might be a bit different to what I first thought.

What about

Import - Martin - Riley
Linglet - Dixon - Import (benti?)
Haddad - McNamee - Pope
Masi - Myers - Duggan

Masi looks a bit low there on the 4th line, but he might take over Batch's role, with Josh back to D.

And then one other stay at home d-man, probably to partner Reddick.

jenks33

I'm starting to think possibly that the lines might be a bit different to what I first thought.

What about

Import - Martin - Riley
Linglet - Dixon - Import (benti?)
Haddad - McNamee - Pope
Masi - Myers - Duggan

Masi looks a bit low there on the 4th line, but he might take over Batch's role, with Josh back to D.

And then one other stay at home d-man, probably to partner Reddick.
I was thinking the same thing. A lot of fans think our top line will be Benti-Martin-Riley but I think we’ve signed a new winger to go with Martin and Riley. I think Marjamaki will be on the 3rd line tho

Devil94

I think possibly the days of Benti as a first line winger have gone. Would be very useful a depth guy though on the second/third line to add valuable points, possibly the area we lacked slightly in last year.

What about this guy for one of those winger spots.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/9521/jared-aulin

Brother in law of Layne Ulmer.

He recently tweeted "What a feeling! My knees are back to being healthy & fit. It’s been 2 yrs since I’ve been able to train my legs for an upcoming season. Now I need an opportunity to prove myself. Let’s see what team will provide me the opportunity to better them. Not cocky, confident! #FreeAgent"

jenks33

Nothing to do with devils 94 post.

Elite prospect has him as a free agent now and told by someone else
Interesting. This is certainly plausible with his connections to Ulmer

If he does sign it will be a risky signing but probably one worth taking. He's pretty much admitted on twitter that he's had dodgy knees for a couple of seasons but he does say that he's in great shape now.

His stats and games played in the DEL last season suggest he had an injury plagued season. His stats before last season though are outstanding for a player coming to the EIHL

zoesdevil

Interesting. This is certainly plausible with his connections to Ulmer

If he does sign it will be a risky signing but probably one worth taking. He's pretty much admitted on twitter that he's had dodgy knees for a couple of seasons but he does say that he's in great shape now.

His stats and games played in the DEL last season suggest he had an injury plagued season. His stats before last season though are outstanding for a player coming to the EIHL
Definitely worth a risk & I'm sure Lordo would of done his homework & looked into it before hand, great signing if true.

BostonBart22

Big risk if true especially as he tweeted dodgy knees, it will be other coaches dream to stop him in his tracks by targeting the knee area. not saying all coaches would send out a player to attempt to injure a player but i could name 3 in the lge who would..

Rempel16

So we seem to be rumoured (just from this forum) with a number of different options:

Jared Aulin (seemingly on the basis of being Ulmer's brother in law)
Nathan Perkovich
Liam Reddox (rumoured to Belfast also)
Bentivoglio re-signing
Morissette re-signing
Livingston re-signing

What's the preference there? Will we end up with more than one?

august04

Is that from a reliable source or is it on the back of Devil94's post?

Wouldn't be a huge surprise seeing as he's Ulmer's brother in law
I’d rather have Ulmer back (who had a good season last year), than a bloke of similar age with a history of dodgy knees!
I’m hoping we announce two good D men soon, we need some excitement with all these recent top signings elsewhere.

voth26

So we seem to be rumoured (just from this forum) with a number of different options:

Jared Aulin (seemingly on the basis of being Ulmer's brother in law)
Nathan Perkovich
Liam Reddox (rumoured to Belfast also)
Bentivoglio re-signing
Morissette re-signing
Livingston re-signing

What's the preference there? Will we end up with more than one?
No disrespect but I'm hoping Mo doesn't re-sign past 2 seasons I've hoped we'll upgrade on him. We need new blood with quality and younger, you can only go to the well so many times