Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

Not a brand I'd would want to be associated with, they are probably the worst payers in the industry and cannot recruit swim teachers due to low salaries and have the cheek to charge their staff for membership!!!!!!!

jenks33

Yea he’s always going to stay although I think we could upgrade on him tbh..
100% agree. I know I’ll get shot down for this but Pope went missing far too often last season for my liking. He had a great play off finals weekend but he was anonymous for large parts of the season. If the rumours are true that we gave him a 2 year contract last summer then I’m not sure why we did that. He didn’t do enough in his first season to merit a 2 year contract

BostonBart22

100% agree. I know I’ll get shot down for this but Pope went missing far too often last season for my liking. He had a great play off finals weekend but he was anonymous for large parts of the season. If the rumours are true that we gave him a 2 year contract last summer then I’m not sure why we did that. He didn’t do enough in his first season to merit a 2 year contract
His first season started slow but improved quite a lot last 2 months of that season, last season as you said was anonymous, some games i would ask fans , is pope playing it was that bad tbh..if he is coming back he needs a good start .

jenks33

His first season started slow but improved quite a lot last 2 months of that season, last season as you said was anonymous, some games i would ask fans , is pope playing it was that bad tbh..if he is coming back he needs a good start .
You’re right he did end the season very strongly in his first season. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to be proved wrong on this. I would love it if Pope has a brilliant season. I just think I’ll be sat here in 6 months saying the same thing though ‘why did we re-sign pope?’

Devils86

Thought Pope signed originally on a 2-year deal, so last year was the second year of that deal. Hence why he was announced early in summer last year.

jenks33

Thought Pope signed originally on a 2-year deal, so last year was the second year of that deal. Hence why he was announced early in summer last year.
If that’s the case I really don’t know why we’ve re-signed him for next season (if rumours are to be believed) he will need a huge improvement in consistency to justify another year

ASHIPP

One of the Team's inconsistent players. Replaced on his original line by a much better player. On the second and third lines last season he took a long time to adjust to new line mates. To be successful, the players need to be producing consistent performances. We have been told about some of our players who were carrying injuries last season....but still played well - Joey Martin, Charlie Linglet, Evan Mosey. If it is true that Pope is returning, he will need to find these good performances much more often than last season.

jenks33

I wouldn’t be surprised if Riley’s signing is unveiled on periscope during the Calgary stampede. He’s in Vancouver at the moment and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s invited to meet the owners in Calgary. I think we’ll see 4 or 5 signings announced on periscope sometime during the stampede which runs between the 5th and 14 of July. Probably on a Friday or Saturday night. So the 5th/6th Or 12th/13th

OJLloyd

Wow, Carson would be some signing.

But if there are any lessons to be learned from Nottingham’s recent attempt to annoy everyone who supports them, perhaps we as fans should temper our expectations and just wait and see.

Rumours are good, deciding that somebody is definitely coming is bad.