Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

jenks33

Big mouth Simms has tweeted that there’s a bigger shock move coming soon , even bigger than the Riley move
Yeah I noticed Simms' tweet over the weekend. Anyone think Pete Russell to Panthers might be a possibility? He clearly has a decent relationship with Doucet, signed him for MK and Clan.

Temme

My guess would be Keefe -> Nottingham (although that is a complete wild guess... do Nottingham have a coach already???)

No disrespect to the smaller clubs, but i don't see Russell leaving the league as significant as the Captain of the champions leaving for a rival.

Wannabe2

Keefe leaving to join Panthers would be huge, would also explain the exodus of many players. If it happens there would be mayhem in the Emerald Isle.

CaldicotDevil

My guess would be Keefe -> Nottingham (although that is a complete wild guess... do Nottingham have a coach already???)

No disrespect to the smaller clubs, but i don't see Russell leaving the league as significant as the Captain of the champions leaving for a rival.
Would explain a lot about the Belfast players leaving but I can't see why Keefe would leave the Giants for Panthers.

Ok the Panthers could offer him more money but I can't see that being enough. IMO Giants are a better run club than the Panthers and they're in the CHL. They're going to have a good budget next year, especially with how well he performed last year.

Add the fact he's probably on course to have a hall of fame banner raised in his honour. If he leaves for the Panthers I can't see him getting any recognition.

How much difference in pay would a move between the arena teams be. As I imagine rents may vary but would it be worth moving the family and moving all of your stuff from Belfast to mainland. Unless there's personal problems but looking from the outside all looks good at Belfast.

Rempel16

Not sure why it's not been put on here, but a Devils fan has been on the Cage and Steeltalk speaking of a twitter account claiming we have Linglet and Riley signed, with an offer out to Patrick Dwyer.

I can't see the Dwyer one being true, but the others are probably spot on.

RedDevil17

One player I like watching is Gauthier from Fife. Tough customer and a bit of an agitator. Throws hits and can put up points. I think he’d be a good 3rd liner personally...what do you lot reckon?

Last edited:

terry hunt

I am a bit dubious about the Drew rumour.
I read Drew's statement after the playoffs and he was quite clear.He stated that he was going to rest his "banged up body".
Then he would decide whether to retire or return to Belfast.
He could always be lying of course.

I am a bit dubious about the Drew rumour.
I read Drew's statement after the playoffs and he was quite clear.He stated that he was going to rest his "banged up body".
Then he would decide whether to retire or return to Belfast.
He could always be lying of course.
Excuse the ingnorance, are we talking Schiestel here or a different Drew. I did try going back through the previous posts!

CaldicotDevil

One player I like watching is Gauthier from Fife. Tough customer and a bit of an agitator. Throws hits and can put up points. I think he’d be a good 3rd liner personally...what do you lot reckon?

Gauthier had a solid season for Fife but if I was to go after from Fife any one it would have to be Brett Bulmer. Would love to see us have a dedicated quick tempo, hard hitting line next year. Something like; Bulmer & Dixon & Benti. That line would be horrible to play against. They're all really skillful guys so it would pitch in a lot of points.

Also really like Bloodoff from Fife, such a creative player. He did really drop off towards the end of the season though.