Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

d20

Never know ,maybe the club have offered him the Uni deal which is a big factor with a few players ,heard a few people now say he was seen with Todd and Lordo yesterday so I guess we'll soon see.

Gazza272

Never know ,maybe the club have offered him the Uni deal which is a big factor with a few players ,heard a few people now say he was seen with Todd and Lordo yesterday so I guess we'll soon see.
He's already done a Uni deal in Belfast, so it's unlikely he would do another one. But who knows? an MBA might be a decent accompaniment to his Sports Management degree.

Earnie

I would reckon he will be going to another league and bigger money. Reading the Belfast Telegraph this morning it would seem that there are eight departures from Giants including retirements.

Wannabe2

Darcy Murphy, Riley, Beskorowany, Vandermeer, Shields, and Rutherford apparently won’t be there next season, big job for Keefer next season.

d20

Darcy Murphy, Riley, Beskorowany, Vandermeer, Shields, and Rutherford apparently won’t be there next season, big job for Keefer next season.
Thats a big change and slightly odd,cant imagine the Devils winning the league then losing half the team .

Rempel16

*deleted by the mods because I still don't know how to follow rule #7*

Obviously a good player but I think he will clash with a few players in that dressing room.
Fair comment on your opinion of him if that's what you think of his on-ice persona. (Something that we've missed is that kind of player this year)

It's a very bold statement regarding the dressing room though, and i've never heard anything negative in this regard.

If you'd said Rutherford then i'd understand, a known poison in the dressing room... But Riley is apparently the ultimate team mate (except when offering himself around the league for the highest price, a la last summer).

I really hope we have signed him, he'd be an excellent addition and provides some much needed grit. He's a 30 goal scorer and sandpaper. What's not to like...

Last edited by a moderator:

voth26

*deleted by the mods because I still don't know how to follow rule #7*

Obviously a good player but I think he will clash with a few players in that dressing room.
Those are my thoughts as well I don't think he will because good fit in the locker room, guess we'll have to wait and see?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wannabe2

Would take him in a heartbeat, same player as Faryna, and we all loved his play. We weren’t a weak physical team last year, but a bit more toughness and physicality certainly wouldn’t go amiss.

Giants fans not happy about this rumour, one even saying thanks and good luck if you sign in Europe, stay in the Elite League and you can get -ucked. Haven't they got short memories,didn't bat an eyelid when signing Pelle from us.

Wannabe2

We done well though, no one scored more league points than us, we won the play offs, we conceeded less goals than anyone in the league, and only scored 3 less than the leagues top scorers. That’s a pretty neat season by any ones standards. Also we have a club that’s healthier than ever, a club that leads by example, and a club to be very proud of, the play off weekend showed that in abundance. Love it big time. Get your tickets now, it’s only going to get better.
Happy Hockey Days.

Off season nonsense but my theory is Riley must've fallen out with Keefe.

My memory isn't the best however I'm pretty sure at the POFW when Schiestel put that huge hit on Murphy, Riley was on the ice at time.. Keefe is old school with things like that. So can't imagine he was too happy that his captain didn't answer the bell when their star player was on the receiving end of a huge hit. Add the fact Keefe is an ultra passionate guy, it wouldn't surprise me if Keefe & Riley fell out after the game over it.

Even if we don't sign Riley, I'm loving the Giants fanbase in meltdown over this.

Finny

Off season nonsense but my theory is Riley must've fallen out with Keefe.

My memory isn't the best however I'm pretty sure at the POFW when Schiestel put that huge hit on Murphy, Riley was on the ice at time.. Keefe is old school with things like that. So can't imagine he was too happy that his captain didn't answer the bell when their star player was on the receiving end of a huge hit. Add the fact Keefe is an ultra passionate guy, it wouldn't surprise me if Keefe & Riley fell out after the game over it.

Even if we don't sign Riley, I'm loving the Giants fanbase in meltdown over this.
Alternatively, maybe Riley (and others?) weren't happy with Keefe sending Murphy straight back out onto the ice after he was knocked out and before being checked out by a doctor?