Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

Wannabe2

Hope this works out, Linglet is pure class and the club know it, classy on the ice, and classy off it. To keep a player of this magnitude would be another feather in the cap of this great organisation. I always love the Close season, but this will be the best ever, when you have a organisation like ours, who next are we going to sign, they want to improve every year, and how lucky are we. Get your season tickets guys, it’s going to be the best ticket in town again, and I love it, What a club, What a sport, and What a team.
Happy Hockey Days

Diablo3

I hope something can be worked out for our #70 he's too good to let go. Same applies to our #20. Oh wait, what about the rest of them...

Anyone heard anything about a potential new MK team? I've heard a rumour that a group have got together and already raised a considerable amount to form a new Elite League team in Milton Keynes with MK Lightning continuing in the new NIHL.

tim78

Was banded about at the Fan Forum video, sounds like it's not going to make the cut unless someone with experience takes the team on.

pjj365

Was banded about at the Fan Forum video, sounds like it's not going to make the cut unless someone with experience takes the team on.
Too much detail to put on here but there is a long thread on THF

The fans are not messing they are organised with good skill sets in place. They are effectively crowd funding and the lack of financing might be an issue - looks like they might get there for 1 year of operation. Even if they get the sustained funding (and they do not appear delusional on this aspect) they will have to negotiate ice time and the name

I'm sure many of us would wish them luck

jenks33

Rumours that Blair Riley is signing for us. Still can’t see it happening but what a huge signing that would be. Can you imagine next seasons Devils Giants games?! Bit spicy

Wannabe2

I think Nottingham as player coach would make more sense than joining us
Why this league is too professional for a player coach, especially if you are Nottingham and expect to win trophies. Also if your ambition is to win trophies which most players are, then you won’t go far wrong joining the Devils, ask Joey Martin. Riley would be a great signing for us, and would make me one happy bunny, if it happens Lush, if it don’t we will sign someone who will be the Mutts Nutts for sure.

Devil94

If he is coming to us then he must be in an assistant coach role or similar. I can't see how we'd be able to lure him from Belfast just as a player.
Some people on Twitter seem convinced it's happening, I'm still not convinced.

Devilsatw

I’m with y
If he is coming to us then he must be in an assistant coach role or similar. I can't see how we'd be able to lure him from Belfast just as a player.
Some people on Twitter seem convinced it's happening, I'm still not convinced.
I’m with you on this. He won’t join devils just to be a player imo.

He’s coming here for a bit more than that.

But I’m still saying he will end up in Nottingham or another league.