Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

terry hunt

yes a hard nut stormin norman wouldnt back down from anyone for a little guy he took on some of the biggest including grant slater panthers i think it was, what a scrap, also remember a durham game which ended up in a mass brawl and am sure it was abandoned with norman and weaver handcuffed and taken away in a police van , think our old friend ross lambert and 3 others followed in another police vehicle...god those were the days...
God those games were fun not really ice hockey though.

Johnnybravo1927

"I’m not convinced Lord would sit comfortably within an organisation that demanded a results or leave type of situation"

You don't think the Devil's are an organisation that demands results / trophies? I disagree. Right from the top I believe we are. Todd (for example) would simply not accept an empty trophy cabinet. Winning is absolutely entwined in the culture of the Devil's organisation now, and whoever is coach is under pressure to bring trophies (but is of course supported to do so).
Todd also stated that Andrew Lord will be coach until Andrew Lord no longer wants to be coach.

Rich Best

Todd also stated that Andrew Lord will be coach until Andrew Lord no longer wants to be coach.
Yes, think that is more because it is clear he is a talented coach, rather than letting him sit in his job without achieving anything. Also I think at the time that was said it was to quash any rumours and show support for Lord, right?

Devils86

I know if someone came in now and said “we want Lord” there would be little chance of standing in his way, BUT I like to think that when he does move on we will have some sort of notice mid-season or towards the end of the season so that the organisation and fans can say a proper goodbye rather than just a video on a twitter or something.

Come too far together to just say “bye” on paper.

Like I said, maybe I’m naive or over optimistic, but until we get any news all we have is hope.

[Ed. Bit deep at the end there!]

Wannabe2

Okay pure speculation, I can see 4/ 6 new faces next season, all imports no names mentioned, this includes retiring, moving on, or other reasons. What’s your numbers.

Kevlar68

I'd go with that Wannabe most maybe from retirement as would like to think not many would want to move on and don't think any need letting go unless its a definite improvement on that player. I'd like a second season with all players apart from retirees.

Wannabe2

Can’t see that happening one bit, can’t see Keefe signing a Pole, unless he is a whizz Kid, and this guy ain’t, just my opinion.

jimmy snels

Okay pure speculation, I can see 4/ 6 new faces next season, all imports no names mentioned, this includes retiring, moving on, or other reasons. What’s your numbers.
id think 5 or 6. i would hope thats a few guys last years with us who have had fantastic careers for us (morrisette, ulmer, haddad) and with pope clearly dividing opinion as to how much graft he actually does, id like to see a change there as well. On D we were too light and id like to see at least one genuinely big stay at home dman added. id sacrifice mosey back there and add him to 3rd line forward.
To the 3rd line id add a hitting forward in mold of Tylor Michel and then a big power forward to replace Pope. A guy who can score fight and hit. That line then is actually playing a completely different style to the top 2 which is something that i believe cost us a lot of games, no plan B.
4th line of duggan myres and batch.

Temme

Andrew Lord back to the Devils.

in the Martin release he's said "“We are pleased to have him back and he is the first piece of the puzzle in place for us to start building another championship team.” "

the fact he's said "We" and "Us" makes this a rumour, if not confirmation!