Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

Ocko

Paul Crowder went to Fife, Asselin is believed to have retired to his photography business.
Terry Phillips has written a few times that he has retired but Patrick corrected it on twitter saying it wasn’t true and he hasn’t retired, he just hadn’t signed anywhere yet.

Fun fact; since signing with fife today, Bari McKenzie has played for 7 of the last years EIite league teams (8 if you include MK as he played for them in the EPIHL).

Has any other player come close to representing that many teams?

ASHIPP

Fun fact; since signing with fife today, Bari McKenzie has played for 7 of the last years EIite league teams (8 if you include MK as he played for them in the EPIHL).

Has any other player come close to representing that many teams?
Chris Lawrence has represented 4 teams in the EIHL....2 of them twice!

bb1

I liked what Lordo was thinking by trying to get a younger guy like Parisi in. I would still like to see us pick up a sub 30yr old who we could potentially keep for a few seasons.

Guys like Jordan Rowley, Jacob Cardwell Tyler Cuma or Shawn Lalonde would fit this mould nicely and all have recently played in europe.

On the other hand more seasoned guys like Geoff Kinrade, Bobby Sanguietti, Drew Miller Or Michael Kostka are all unsigned but would likely cost £££.

Hope we find somebody pretty soon before we get into the big games against our arch rivals.

JT666

I liked what Lordo was thinking by trying to get a younger guy like Parisi in. I would still like to see us pick up a sub 30yr old who we could potentially keep for a few seasons.

Guys like Jordan Rowley, Jacob Cardwell Tyler Cuma or Shawn Lalonde would fit this mould nicely and all have recently played in europe.

On the other hand more seasoned guys like Geoff Kinrade, Bobby Sanguietti, Drew Miller Or Michael Kostka are all unsigned but would likely cost £££.

Hope we find somebody pretty soon before we get into the big games against our arch rivals.
Looking at his profile on Elite Prospects, Shawn Lalonde is a brilliant shout, surely everything we’re looking for in a Hotham replacement?

“Lalonde has solid all-around ability. He can play a physical game, but also put up some goals and points. Is a quality teammate.”

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/11246/shawn-lalonde

Gazr76

He for sure would be awesome!! He certainly would 'Register' some awesome goals :)
To the point about bringing in someone sub 30's. If they had a similar pedigree to Mr. Parisi and I was Todd or Lordo, I would be petrified they would do an 'Ulmer' (And indeed who could blame them) even if they were tied into a Uni degree. I just think the DEL, KHL etc would come knocking at their door at some point offering a wad of cash, fast cars, fast girls etc.

Ocko

I wouldn’t worry Gazr76. Have we ever lost a player to a better league mid season under the current ownership? And we have some of the best players we’ve ever had who could easily get a deal.

Not having Parisi is a bit of a disaster until a replacement is signed. Missing a number 1 D man is huge and we will struggle to reach our potential until we have one. Fournier is a natural puck carrier, but we need another. Our transition and breakout play isn’t as fluid as it should be as were missing that creativity from deep.

bb1

Completely agree Ocko. We need another puck carrier and someone who isnt arfaid to shoot the puck.

So far ive been impressed with Blood. Hes a very intelligent hockey player and has great hands and puck carrying ability. An all rounder.

If we can pick up a Hotham type but one who is a bit faster and more agile then we will complete our D which will have a great mix of everything.

Jordan Rowley for me would be a superb pick up and Jake Cardwells points in the Czech league are very impressive.