Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

RedDevil17

Nastiuk not returning to blaze.
I personally thought he was a decent goalie and made some big saves.

Due to medical reasons he has pulled out of his contract.
Shame he’s gone, he was an awesome player for the blaze and one of the best netties in the league. If Bowns had left for a team in a better league than ours as speculated then I’d have taken Nastiuk as his replacement. He would’ve been more than good enough for us. Glad Bowns has stayed though. Wish Nastiuk all the best with his recovery! The rumour mill is speculating Wiikmann from MK or Iles from Fife as his replacement, both of which would be good signings for Coventry.

Shame he’s gone, he was an awesome player for the blaze and one of the best netties in the league. If Bowns had left for a team in a better league than ours as speculated then I’d have taken Nastiuk as his replacement. He would’ve been more than good enough for us. Glad Bowns has stayed though. Wish Nastiuk all the best with his recovery! The rumour mill is speculating Wiikmann from MK or Iles from Fife as his replacement, both of which would be good signings for Coventry.
If I was Coventry I'd go for Murdy. It's amazing we have such quality as Bownsy back up and if he left he it would make us a weaker squad, however a part of me want's Murdy to kick on and achieve his potential. He's too good to be wearing a cap every night.

RedDevil17

If I was Coventry I'd go for Murdy. It's amazing we have such quality as Bownsy back up and if he left he it would make us a weaker squad, however a part of me want's Murdy to kick on and achieve his potential. He's too good to be wearing a cap every night.
Murdy isn’t good enough to be a starter for Coventry. Don’t get me wrong I like Murdy and he’s a good goalie but I don’t think he’s quite good enough to start every single game for a team like Coventry? I do think he deserves more games than he gets atm so maybe him and Bowns should rotate every few games as starter and not just the 2 or 3 times where Murdy comes in where we’re 7-3 up or whatever. Lawday should be the one coming in when we’re 5-0 up just to give him some EIHL experience in the future.

Last edited:

RedDevil17

No one, he’s an U23. Lawday would make a good one too. A .887 save % with a poor Cardiff Fire team and a .899 save % with Team GB U20’s. Definitely a player for the future at 19 years old and a potential GB starter eventually

Last edited:

Devil_Abroad

Max 14 Imports, max 5 Brits over 23, as many Brits U23 to make 22 on game day bench.

If you have 11 imports then you could have 6 U23 Brits

If you have 3 Brits over 23, 12 imports, then you could have 7 U23 Brits

Not sure but I think you can only dress 2 Netminders on game day. If both are injured during the game then one of the other players can put the pads on and go in goal. Not sure though

jimmy snels

personally im hoping we are holding out to make a huge ex NHL signing when the rosters are done at NHL and AHL. we did this previously with strachan only last year and weller before him. we have a full set of imports and batch is more than capable as a Dman. our forwards would be loaded as well.
Im trusting lord on this. We've never signed a bad player once the season started under his stewardship. im hanging fire on any comments in the hope of it being this scenario