Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

DevilDom

Also, reading through this thread I think everyone has forgotten that Josh Batch was a D man until last season so if needed I'm sure he can drop back and step in to make the 6th.

Ocko

I may be looking in the wrong places but the first 3 bits of media I pulled off google suggested he was done with Laval and the Canadiens org after falling out of favour and becoming a healthy scratch for Laval towards the end of the season.

terry hunt

The only thing is Laval were bottom of their division last season and "relieved" the coach of his duties.The new coaching team is still filling the roster with a few D men to go.
There does seem to be some sympathy for him suggesting he hasnt been given a fair chance.
At his age i would have thought one of the better euro leagues would have been a better bet.

d20

Seems odd how we are still waiting for a player to come in and the pre season games have started ,half the fun during the off season is the announcements of player signings ,dont think the last one will get much of a fanfare now as people are already into the season now it has started just announce it.

Wannabe2

Well if the guy that’s rumoured to be coming here, is indeed him, I think the fanfare theme will indeed still be on, plus lots of people ain’t even into the season yet, with holidays etc.

I can’t see us signing any one else.
Something has gone wrong imo.
Lord has stated in his interview last night.

“It’s time to put my coaching hat on and step away from the recruitment side of things which is nice”

Wannabe2

I can’t see us signing any one else.
Something has gone wrong imo.
Lord has stated in his interview last night.

“It’s time to put my coaching hat on and step away from the recruitment side of things which is nice”
He is stepping away from from the recruitment side, purely because our last D Man has been signed, he just ain’t here yet, but that will be sorted soon.

Although definitely feels like the signing has fallen through, if it’s who most believe, the change in Managment at old club could have inticed him to stay there for sure

The longer it takes to sign a d man makes me think Hotham will return.
If he don’t get a offer from a higher league my money is on he will return to us.

I reckon devils are holding back as long as they can.

terry hunt

The latest i can find on Parisi says he was a restricted free agent with the canadiens.
July 1st the deadline, he changed to an unrestricted free agent not wanted by the canadiens organisation and open to offers.
No offers are listed as yet but at 25 its an awkward age.So he could be still looking for the best deal.
I note that Hotham has repeated he wont be back with the Devils.