Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

Jonesy83

After Dixon was announced, I’m 99% certain there was a post on here (inferno) from Steve King confirming there was one more import forward & D’man still to come. Linglet being the forward, so yes there should be 1 more D’man still to be announced, whether it was meant to be / or is still going to be Parisi like has been heavily rumoured who knows.

Also I don’t know why people were certain there was going to be a signing announcement tonight? Did the Devils officially come out and say as much? I’ve not seen anything on social media.
The one thing I did see was when someone asked on twitter about a signing during the open training section tonight, the clubs account replied with a gif of sloth saying ‘no’, that was 3 days ago.

If we have signed Parisi or any other D man which I’m sure we probably have i can’t see us announcing him until He is here or on his way especially with Belfast still having players to announce what would we have to gain from announcing him? It could be something as simple as his visa hasn’t come through yet

After Dixon was announced, I’m 99% certain there was a post on here (inferno) from Steve King confirming there was one more import forward & D’man still to come. Linglet being the forward, so yes there should be 1 more D’man still to be announced, whether it was meant to be / or is still going to be Parisi like has been heavily rumoured who knows.

Also I don’t know why people were certain there was going to be a signing announcement tonight? Did the Devils officially come out and say as much? I’ve not seen anything on social media.
The one thing I did see was when someone asked on twitter about a signing during the open training section tonight, the clubs account replied with a gif of sloth saying ‘no’, that was 3 days ago.
Dai Sport 7th August - as featured on Inferno Home page.

Jonesy83

Dai Sport 7th August - as featured on Inferno Home page.
Ah ok fair enough, I can see why some would think there would be a player signing announcement tonight. Myself, personally, I’ll only believe it when it’s been announced on official Cardiff Devils social media pages / websites etc.

terry hunt

Ah ok fair enough, I can see why some would think there would be a player signing announcement tonight. Myself, personally, I’ll only believe it when it’s been announced on official Cardiff Devils social media pages / websites etc.
You would rather believe a gif of sloth than a statement from Terry Phillips one of our most loyal media people.
If i was Terry Phillips i would be offended/embarassed as his info would have come from the club.
So are you saying the devils are now going with 5 D-men?
Perhaps the club would like to comment.

Ocko

You would rather believe a gif of sloth than a statement from Terry Phillips one of our most loyal media people.
If i was Terry Phillips i would be offended/embarassed as his info would have come from the club.
Or maybe Terry Phillips was guessing? Maybe the club didn’t tell him anything. Often what he writes isn’t the club line or correct info.

OJLloyd

Dai Sport, whilst having a couple of good writers, also hosts some absolute lions who spout nonsense.

And whilst I’m sure Mr Phillips felt he was acting on good info, he also published that the Piggsy signing would be someone else completely.

There have been changes, maybe his info isn’t as good as it used to be anymore.

terry hunt

Terry Phillips writes under his own byline whatever sport he covers.
I would trust his stories above anything written by forum posters.
From the latest Steve King post there has clearly been a delay.
Strange that a regular poster on here who claims to be highly educated in hockey matters has tracked Tom Parisi's car to an apartment near the IAW.
Perhaps he can give us an update on activity at this apartment.

mjh

Strange that a regular poster on here who claims to be highly educated in hockey matters has tracked Tom Parisi's car to an apartment near the IAW.
That sounds so creepy.

There will be a final import dman coming in but previous commitments have prevented him from coming in this week. Don’t fret!
Thanks Steve. Signings announcement always create a lot of excitement in the off season. Sp fans will always wonder and speculate when announcements in the press do not come to fruition at the reported time. But as usual, your open, honest and quick response should put minds at ease. Any fans who have been around for a while will know that things often don't go to plan with signings. I remember the headline 'furore over Fiore' when John Lawless had every signed and sealed and then Tony Fiore changed his mind at the last minute. There have also been numerous visa problems and previous commitment issues over the years. The important thing is good communication with the fans and this you always do so thanks again.

Jonesy83

I would rather believe anything that comes from official club channels or what Steve King posts on here, whether it be in gif form or whatever else they chose to post.

And no I fully believed we would start the season with 6 D-men, hence in my first post mentioning Steve had said there would be 1 new import forward (Linglet) and 1 new import d-man (tbd) after the Dixon signing.

Terry Philips I’m sure has a little inside info with the club but it makes no sense as to why they’d let him relay the message of a signing announcement and not come out with it thenselves as they’d have far more reach and get the info out to more fans.

I’d also like to point out that Terry Philips said in his article, the new signing was likely to be announced at open training session. Key word being LIKELY, doesn’t sound like he had any official 100% water tight inside info to be embassered about, merely he was taking a guess.

osh

Update!!
You must mean me then. First of all, I have never stated that “I am highly educated in hockey matters” and secondly, you must have missed my reply post to Wannabe 2 wherein I have mentioned something along the lines of me seeing and Austin A35 registration number PAR 151 ( PARISI ) oiutside an apartment near the rink, I also mentioned it was off season nonsense.
Terry, you really mustn’t take things so seriously and learn when banter is banter. ( I still believe Parisi will be with us soon ) or if not, someone as good or better.

Wannabe2

There again I read somewhere that the last signing would be announced at yesterday’s session, so it ain’t Tels fault. Anyway the last guy will be in soon, and the standard of the new signings, makes it all worth waiting for. I watched the training last night, and out lads looks frightening, bring it on Santa.
Happy Hockey Days