Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

ASHIPP

Steve says 3rd or 4th in terms of budget. We may well spend more on our on ice team than those with higher budgets as they may spend more on assistant coach etc. Looks like we have made changes resulting in savings in areas this year to allow Lordo to use more of the budget on players.
Anyone else think one of the senior players will have Assistant Coach duties?

Devil_Abroad

Still a forward and a D to be announced folks. Don’t know when and I don’t know in what order but I do know that Lordo hates announcing players when other teams still have players to sign. We stay 3rd to 4th in player budget so giving the larger revenue teams a target to surpass by spending more money is bad strategy.
Hey Steve, do the owners share team budget details? Others teams’ fans believe we have the biggest budget of all due to the quality and depth of our line-up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

august04

I would think that the top 4 will be operating at very similar levels in terms of player wages/packages etc. I would certainly expect us to be competing favourably with the big boys in this league now.

Sheffield and Nottingham definitely have bigger budgets due to how many more tickets they sell being stadium teams, which does give more costs but still a net win, The difference could be seen on what those budgets get spent on etc.

I pressed the link as soon as it cam up & it said we had signed the 36 year old veteran & had a big write up about it. Strange why it would be posted then deleted, as to do it by mistake there's a whole process before posting it on Twitter. Would be difficult to do.
Ye they would have to write the article post it on the website, then copy the URL and write a tweet and paste the URL in. You would think someone would have realised during that process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finny

I don’t know who Chashing the puck are, but I doubt they have any inside knowledge.

They’ve probably just seen it on here and elsewhere as a very strong rumour so prepared the article ready. And depending on what CMS they use it can be setup to automatically create a tweet, which they did by accident.

I don’t know who Chashing the puck are, but I doubt they have any inside knowledge.

They’ve probably just seen it on here and elsewhere as a very strong rumour so prepared the article ready. And depending on what CMS they use it can be setup to automatically create a tweet, which they did by accident.
That's exactly what happened lol. It was a draft of a rumour, for which there were several just incase, and a partially written draft got published by mistake and automatically shared on social media. Still just a rumour, no inside knowledge :)

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You'd of thought pal! What you think of Linglet if he is announced, looking a cert now?

He seems a great signing with plenty of experience in top leagues.
Looks a really good signing if it is true. Someone strait out of the KHL is a massive pick up. My only concern is age but he played 75 games last season between KHL and International so there shouldn’t be an issue with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveKing

Hey Steve, do the owners share team budget details? Others teams’ fans believe we have the biggest budget of all due to the quality and depth of our line-up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We don’t know exact numbers on other clubs but we have a very good idea. Most people think we have a much bigger budget than we do. Finding top players who for various reasons agree to play for us for much less than what they could make elsewhere has allowed us to build the rosters we have while still staying within our budget and making a small profit. We are extremely fortunate to have several of those cases this year, creating an extraordinary roster for our budget. Todd and Lordo continue to create magic for our fans.

Last edited by a moderator: