Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

zoesdevil

Just watched a YouTube video of Parisi & he looks like he'd be a great signing. Great skating, good hands & shot, with huge potential being so young still!! I'd be really happy if we have signed him!

Last edited:

jenks33

I think if you looked at the 5 leaving v 5 potentially joining you have to say there's an improvement but weirdly it's not like for like so it's interesting to see what Lordo has up his sleeve coaching wise. It always strikes me Lordo wants to play with a rapid transition and a d man jumping up but he hasn't actually achieved what he wanted yet style wise. Looking at the roster if those are the last two signings Devils are going to be hugely run and gun. I get people comparing individuals but I actually think Hotham's replacement is here in Fournier. He's going to get a lot more ice time this year. The interesting signing is Blood but I think that indicates where Lordo is headed. He wants huge mobility in the roster and to play with a lot of speed and puck retention.

Forwards wise losing Asselin and Crowder and adding Hedden, Dixon and Linglet is added a hell of a lot of offence from last year.

Defence losing Hotham, Strachan and Paris and adding Parisi and Blood could be losing a bit but if they can play well enough as a unit and the forwards can go on a rampage it'll be a very interesting and entertaining season.
Good shout regarding Fournier. Lordo will possibly see him as Hotham’s replacement. Hopefully Gleason will relish the extra ice time + responsibility. As you said we look a lot stronger up front this year. I’m a big fan of Asselin but replacing Asselin and crowder with Hedden, Dixon and linglet is a huge upgrade.
For me it’s all about our D this year. I think our forward lines will be the strongest in the league and i’m sure bownsy will have another strong season. If Blood and Parisi settle it will take a hell of an effort to knock us off our perch

voth26

If the two latest signings are Parisi and Linglet as a lot of people seem pretty confident they will be, whats the link with Steve's Twitter post?? Polite answers only lol

voth26

How do people think the D is shaping up physicality wise. Pari is 5'11 if it is him and Reddick both under 6ft, fourner is around the 6ft mark plus Ritchie but these four arent really the physical type. We have Blood and Louis standing 6'4 and physical but will that be enough, genuine questions on people's thoughts

bb1

How do people think the D is shaping up physicality wise. Pari is 5'11 if it is him and Reddick both under 6ft, fourner is around the 6ft mark plus Ritchie but these four arent really the physical type. We have Blood and Louis standing 6'4 and physical but will that be enough, genuine questions on people's thoughts
It will be more than enough. Our D has always been too offensive and we have relied on Hotham and Fournier for goals. We still have that offensive ability on our new D however I feel it will be a bit more defensive and smarter. Thats why I think we have a couple or real standouts in our forward line up and they will be the ones putting the puck in the net now.

Blood and Louis will clear the net and make it uncomfortable for guys who wish to rush toward the net.
Blood has a boomer so we can expect some goals from the point.
Louis can be both defensive and offensive as he played forward in his ECHL/AHL days.
Richie is as solid a d man as you will ever see in thew EIHL and can contribute in every way.
Fournier is the best skating D man/player weve had since Weller and like Richie can do everything plus will put up some goals.
Reddick will give 110% and do whatever is asked of him (great trait to have).
If we sign Parisi he imo will be the biggest shock to everyone. Expect a great all rounder who plays smart and contributes in every way.

Hotham will always be missed but with the signing of Hedden, Dixon and potentially Linglet will cover those goals and plays but 3x more!!!!

Happy hockey days to come.

I dont think it is going to be this but....

Brian McGrattan's twitter picture is a gorilla in shades.

I think this is coincidence and steve is having some fun taking photos of wild animals on holiday, but is fun to speculate :p

I think the last D man to sign is Alex Plante, looking at Steve Kings tweet with a picture of a gorilla surrounded by plants I think could be a clue, Alex Plante anyone ?