Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

OJLloyd

That he definitely has. Was just a joke about Simms and his habit of bigging things up only for them to not be quite as advertised.

That’s a big signing for them, he should be a very reliable D man, much like Strachan for us last year.

Still think their forward unit is an odd make up, with no stand out first line and a really weird fourth line.

bb1

id actually prefer a much bigger player than tom parisi if im honest. alex plante and jean philippe cote are names ive heard banded about along with keaton ellerby all of whom id much rather!
If we have signed Parisi then he is one hell of a prospect. Great skater, can score from anywhere and has superb hockey IQ.

To be honest id take him over any of the above you just mentioned due to the fact he would put us in the same boat when we had Fournier......and look how good he is now. He could easily be our next Hotham if not better! We have blood and Louis who are big bodies. Now we need some intelligent solid play on our blueline with good offensive ability. Parisi would give that dimension.

Wannabe2

If we should be lucky enough to sign Parisi, I would be well chuffed, great player who would lift our team big time. We live in hope, my fingers are truly crossed.

jimmy snels

wannabe, cote played in france last year and plante in Asia. not quite the need for the comparisons to Crosby is there? Your posting style as of late is becoming tiring. stop chipping at people.

Well said Jimmy snells.
He attacks posters with out even knowing he's doing so.
Yes we know your around 55 years of age and followed the devil's for 30 years or so but it is annoying no one else is right or can have an opinion.
Give me semi-informed optimism over relatively unfounded pessimism anyday.

I've been back just over two years and in that time we have been the final boss of british ice hockey, we've won things we haven't won for a long time and did pretty well in europe.

If we were less succesful or had a narrow ice surface, I would say ok, go for a bruiser type team but we have big ice and are aiming for silverware again so this wouldn't make sense.

You are always welcome to an opinion and I understand both herd mentality and playing devils advocate :))) but sometimes I just don't get your posts.

If next season we outhit all teams, win all of the fights but lose enough games so that we don't win you would be happy?
Or it that you not just expect us to win but with style?

Give me semi-informed optimism over relatively unfounded pessimism anyday.

I've been back just over two years and in that time we have been the final boss of british ice hockey, we've won things we haven't won for a long time and did pretty well in europe.

If we were less succesful or had a narrow ice surface, I would say ok, go for a bruiser type team but we have big ice and are aiming for silverware again so this wouldn't make sense.

You are always welcome to an opinion and I understand both herd mentality and playing devils advocate :))) but sometimes I just don't get your posts.

If next season we outhit all teams, win all of the fights but lose enough games so that we don't win you would be happy?
Or it that you not just expect us to win but with style?
This wasn't aimed at you lol.

I agreed with Jimmy snells on a post for wannabe

jenks33

So it looks like Linglet and Parisi will be the remaining signings then. What’s the general consensus if these are the remaining signings? Really like the look of Linglet. His stats throughout his career are incredible, 58 points in the KHL just 3 seasons ago.
It will be interesting to see how Parisi does. I’ve read a few articles about him and i think he will do very well in this league. I just hope there isn’t too much pressure on him as in most people’s eyes he will be seen as Hotham’s replacement

Well said Jimmy snells.
He attacks posters with out even knowing he's doing so.
Yes we know your around 55 years of age and followed the devil's for 30 years or so but it is annoying no one else is right or can have an opinion.
Wannabe2 is entitled to his opinion and has followed the Devils for over 30 years,just remember that it was him and his team of supporters that helped us get the blue tent when the WNIR was ripped down

I was one of the supporters who stood outside John Lewis store in Nottingham Town centre back many years ago.
I remember it like it was yesterday.

15yrs old me and my friend were thank u.

I just don't think he gives everyone a fair shout on here. And attacks people if they don't agree with him.

Mooney#16

So it looks like Linglet and Parisi will be the remaining signings then. What’s the general consensus if these are the remaining signings? Really like the look of Linglet. His stats throughout his career are incredible, 58 points in the KHL just 3 seasons ago.
It will be interesting to see how Parisi does. I’ve read a few articles about him and i think he will do very well in this league. I just hope there isn’t too much pressure on him as in most people’s eyes he will be seen as Hotham’s replacement
I think if you looked at the 5 leaving v 5 potentially joining you have to say there's an improvement but weirdly it's not like for like so it's interesting to see what Lordo has up his sleeve coaching wise. It always strikes me Lordo wants to play with a rapid transition and a d man jumping up but he hasn't actually achieved what he wanted yet style wise. Looking at the roster if those are the last two signings Devils are going to be hugely run and gun. I get people comparing individuals but I actually think Hotham's replacement is here in Fournier. He's going to get a lot more ice time this year. The interesting signing is Blood but I think that indicates where Lordo is headed. He wants huge mobility in the roster and to play with a lot of speed and puck retention.

Forwards wise losing Asselin and Crowder and adding Hedden, Dixon and Linglet is added a hell of a lot of offence from last year.

Defence losing Hotham, Strachan and Paris and adding Parisi and Blood could be losing a bit but if they can play well enough as a unit and the forwards can go on a rampage it'll be a very interesting and entertaining season.