Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

SteveKing

Am I daft or what - sharks circle where there’s blood haha! Doh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I thought you guys would appreciate that clue once we announced Blood. Well done to Penguin for getting it...unless you got it through loose lips somewhere! Three signings to go. You know Lordo doesn’t like showing his cards too early. You’re all going to like them. Some players that never would have considered us even a couple of years ago.

Jonesy83

I thought you guys would appreciate that clue once we announced Blood. Well done to Penguin for getting it...unless you got it through loose lips somewhere! Three signings to go. You know Lordo doesn’t like showing his cards too early. You’re all going to like them. Some players that never would have considered us even a couple of years ago.
Have all players signed on the dotted line now Steve? As last time I read one of your posts, I believe it said there was still one spot to fill.

Can’t wait to see who else we have lined up.

This great club is on the up once again BIG TIME. At this rate we will have to resurface the Millennium (Principality) Stadium. What a special time to be a devils supporter. Many people for one reason or another have offered negative opinions on BLOOD, whether it's from seeing him play live or comparing him to players past. Reality is players move on and so do clubs and we have all seen players have an off day, even the greats, so let's all get behind BLOOD and any other player that makes the move to play for our shirt. I have a feeling myself that BLOOD will be a player who can shoot a one timer like a certain Kip Noblr, can agitate like a certain loved Italian we once had and although he MAY not win all fights I think he will hit like a train and stand up and be counted when the bell needs answering.

As for the new signings, I am delighted with how Steve has portrayed them. Have a feeling it will be like a Dougy Smail moment with that limo on the ice. Okay that may not be done but I feel we have a couple of crackers heading our way. Great effort Steve and Co.....

Think BLOOD shirts will no longer be the cheaper option in end of season shirt sales this year;) lol

is

drainage

The change in our club and its fortunes is immense ...... renewing ST is a total no brainer ! CHL a no brainer .......beans on toast has fibre and carbs if all else fails

BostonBart22

This great club is on the up once again BIG TIME. At this rate we will have to resurface the Millennium (Principality) Stadium. What a special time to be a devils supporter. Many people for one reason or another have offered negative opinions on BLOOD, whether it's from seeing him play live or comparing him to players past. Reality is players move on and so do clubs and we have all seen players have an off day, even the greats, so let's all get behind BLOOD and any other player that makes the move to play for our shirt. I have a feeling myself that BLOOD will be a player who can shoot a one timer like a certain Kip Noblr, can agitate like a certain loved Italian we once had and although he MAY not win all fights I think he will hit like a train and stand up and be counted when the bell needs answering.

As for the new signings, I am delighted with how Steve has portrayed them. Have a feeling it will be like a Dougy Smail moment with that limo on the ice. Okay that may not be done but I feel we have a couple of crackers heading our way. Great effort Steve and Co.....

Think BLOOD shirts will no longer be the cheaper option in end of season shirt sales this year;) lol

is
was it doug smail in that limo....I thought it was glen anderson and vezio sacratinni

Wannabe2

It certainly was Anderson, and Zeishe,the announcer was from Leekes furnishings, as they were sponsoring the event, he introduced this Superstar of a hockey player, which was obviously Glenn Anderson,the lights were flashing everywhere and Stefan Zeishe stepped out onto the ice from the Limo, one big boo boo.

Wannabe2

Zeishe was a very average player, then when he started improving he got gassed, and a certain Mr Steve Thornton came in, and the rest is history.

Mr Lord does indeed, ‘not like to show his cards too early’. Benny Bloods last team was the Aces ! And Hedden a few seasons ago red herring? Or clue? Team mate? Former team mate?
So how about ‘Jack’ Hansen played for the Ace’s, Troy Vance a young D man or Pat Mallone played for the Aces and Toledo Walleys ! That’s it detective work done for today.

Last edited:

kingmo19.1

I reckon it's all a big façade by the club …. the final announcement will be in the bar, Taz will be there, something along the lines of Lordo announcing "and welcome everyone to our NEW no 24" and low and behold , Taz will be de-headed and Hotham will appear :)
(Good for driving those last minute ticket sales).

tim78

I'd be happy with Strachen or Hotham as the final signing. Until the season starts we the time comes there's still hope, wasn't the comment at the start of the season 4-6 new signings. 2 down another 2 to go, really hoping for a quality centre.

3 weeks to go. 8)

Ocko

I reckon it's all a big façade by the club …. the final announcement will be in the bar, Taz will be there, something along the lines of Lordo announcing "and welcome everyone to our NEW no 24" and low and behold , Taz will be de-headed and Hotham will appear :)
(Good for driving those last minute ticket sales).
This is what I’ve been hoping/wishing happens. Until I see he has signed elsewhere I won’t believe he isn’t here next year!

Seems strange to do a press release though if it was all a big hoax. I reckon the club were worried people might think this, and therefore wanted to make it clear from the outset that Hotham wasn’t coming back. He’s expensive, and with the club having to fund other expensive returnees, I think the aim will be to spread the budget more broadly throughout the squad.

Seems strange to do a press release though if it was all a big hoax. I reckon the club were worried people might think this, and therefore wanted to make it clear from the outset that Hotham wasn’t coming back. He’s expensive, and with the club having to fund other expensive returnees, I think the aim will be to spread the budget more broadly throughout the squad.
Or his deal fell through like Ben O’Connor. If he was going to another European Side I think it would’ve been announced by now, or he’s gone to another EIHL side and they want to use him as the final marquee signing to push ST’s.

Wannabe2

What if all this cloak and dagger stuff is poo poo, Firstly and this is my opinion and only mine, why would Andrew sign for another Elite Team, the man was a Devil thru and thru, and why would you take second best. Myself I think he has retired and wants to settle down. I certainly don’t think he will return here unfortunately, but we move on. The man was a pure blast, but it’s now time to write new history.

What if all this cloak and dagger stuff is poo poo, Firstly and this is my opinion and only mine, why would Andrew sign for another Elite Team, the man was a Devil thru and thru, and why would you take second best. Myself I think he has retired and wants to settle down. I certainly don’t think he will return here unfortunately, but we move on. The man was a pure blast, but it’s now time to write new history.
I think so to but money does talks. Hotham has been head & shoulders the best D man in league over recent years. If I was an owner of one of the other arena sides I’d break the bank to get him.