Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

ASHIPP

Would like to think Toms (Rutkis) and Jordan Lawday continue to be 'ones for the future' at the Club and are signed at least on 2-way contracts, continuing to get plenty of icetime at other affiliated clubs whilst still training with the Devils and featuring in some games this season.
Two young players with tons of talent.

JT666

This guy has played for both and he’s a free agent at present...

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/37572/tye-mcginn
As somebody else mentioned in a previous post one of the new players could be Tye McGinn. If ‘Crunch’ and ‘Sharks’ were the clues in Steve’s post then McGinn has played for Syracuse and San Jose.
Other possibilities are Matt Pelech and Tim Kennedy. Both played for San Jose and haven’t signed elsewhere for 18/19 yet.
Probably clutching at straws, but the clues I took from Steve King's post to come up with Tye McGinn were;

Getting down to crunch (played for Syracuse Crunch) time now on player announcements. We will carry an extra forward due to the number and intensity of the games this year so two more forwards to be announced and three Dmen. Shockingly (Lightning shock - played for Tampa Bay Lightning) I haven’t seen a single correct guys at any of the new players that are left (plays on the left wing). Come on, Inferno...you’re better than this! You guys usually circle like sharks (played for San Jose Sharks) at this time of the year.

Looking at his resume, he would be one hell of a signing, especially as he's still relatively young!

jenks33

Has anybody guessed correctly then Steve? I think about 50 names have been mentioned since your last post so I don’t think it’s giving anything away :)

SteveKing

I'm going to remain silent for now. First because I don't want to give anything away and second...because I actually don't know which of our new guys is going to be announced. I have a hunch but I don't 100% know. I'll wait until Friday and be surprised along with the rest of you!

Wannabe2

Steve Steve Steve how can you be as surprised as us, when you already know. Bit like Santa coming down the chimney, he knows what he is leaving, but we don’t know what he has left. You have a hunch, we know nothing, and that is good. Everything now till whenever is going to be good, let the other pretenders worry about us, we set the scene, it’s there job to catch up.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

I'm going to remain silent for now. First because I don't want to give anything away and second...because I actually don't know which of our new guys is going to be announced. I have a hunch but I don't 100% know. I'll wait until Friday and be surprised along with the rest of you!
This means atleast 1 name is right! If none where I think Steve would still say "lol try harder chumps" but in nice language!

Have Hope#35

Could the above have reference to the University of Notre Dame or something? Just a hunch ;)

JT666

Could the above have reference to the University of Notre Dame or something? Just a hunch ;)
Erik Condra (366 NHL games - 98 points) is a Notre Dame alumni, and played for Syracruse Crunch last season (and Tampa Bay Lightning before that). No Shark reference in his playing career though as far as I can see... (I need to get out more!)

Devil94

Erik Condra (366 NHL games - 98 points) is a Notre Dame alumni, and played for Syracruse Crunch last season (and Tampa Bay Lightning before that). No Shark reference in his playing career though as far as I can see... (I need to get out more!)
Has played with Lordo and Morissette in Germany, but he's already signed up for next season.

But if we can get someone of that calibre it would be a ridiculous signing.