Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

jenks33

I see a couple of defenceman have left Dornbirner in the EBEL and have signed for unknown clubs. Michael Caruso and Sean Mcmonagle. Strachan has played with Caruso and Pope has played with Mcmonagle. Wouldn’t be surprised to see one if not both of these in the EIHL next season. Belfast always seem to sign players from Austria mind you. I’ll have a guess that we’ve signed Caruso

Temme

There isn’t many devils players throwing hits in there...what a surprise! Pathetic
I decided to break the video down to completely disprove your point.

It shows a total of 67 hits
11 are made BY Devils players
7 are made ON Devils players

given that there were 12 EIHL teams - 67/12 = 5.58 as an average number of hits per team.

Devils in this video threw 11, which is as good as DOUBLE the average.

To compare this to our conference/league rivals

Nottingham threw 9 hits
Sheffield threw 7 hits
Belfast threw 5 hits

Your argument is invalid.

Any questions?

I decided to break the video down to completely disprove your point.

It shows a total of 67 hits
11 are made BY Devils players
7 are made ON Devils players

given that there were 12 EIHL teams - 67/12 = 5.58 as an average number of hits per team.

Devils in this video threw 11, which is as good as DOUBLE the average.

To compare this to our conference/league rivals

Nottingham threw 9 hits
Sheffield threw 7 hits
Belfast threw 5 hits

Your argument is invalid.

Any questions?
if you are not an analysist by profession, you should be!

RedDevil17

The thing that interests me more is the fact that everytime a dirty hit is thrown you see the teams in the video reacting to it e.g. Jensen when Lee threw that hit, Brown when Phillips threw that hit, Phillips when Venus threw that hit on Kirk to the head and when Poper got creamed from behind and not one devils player reacted to it they just stood there same with the Bowns incident. Our players don’t stand up for one another. Why are the skilled guys like Joey Martin, Ulmer and Bentivoglio throwing hits and risking suspension?? Surely that should be the likes of Batch and Lordo’s job and Most of the other teams in that video reacted to dirty hits and people wonder why we had injuries last season. I will agree that it shows the refs are bad but we knew that anyway! I can recall way way more hits that weren’t in this video as well most of them being on devils players.

Last edited:
Great video,

embarrassing how many of those hits are clean and hard but get penalized anyway. That video really does shed light on just how bad the refereeing is!!!
Was thinking the same! Same happened with Bordeleau last year (hard, but clean, hits penalised)
Wonder if thats a deciding factor in recruitment now ?

Ocko

Without wanting to take it too far off topic; but should we be stepping up over fair hits?

I think people over estimate the effect of a hit on a player. Unless it’s to the head it very rarely hurts. The game is built around hitting, sometimes a fair hard hit doesn’t need stepping up to if the player is ok.

Devil_Abroad

The thing that interests me more is the fact that everytime a dirty hit is thrown you see the teams in the video reacting to it e.g. Jensen when Lee threw that hit, Brown when Phillips threw that hit, Phillips when Venus threw that hit on Kirk to the head and when Poper got creamed from behind and not one devils player reacted to it they just stood there same with the Bowns incident. Our players don’t stand up for one another. Why are the skilled guys like Joey Martin, Ulmer and Bentivoglio throwing hits and risking suspension?? Surely that should be the likes of Batch and Lordo’s job and Most of the other teams in that video reacted to dirty hits and people wonder why we had injuries last season. I will agree that it shows the refs are bad but we knew that anyway! I can recall way way more hits that weren’t in this video as well most of them being on devils players.
If our players were so unhappy at the response of their team mates to supposedly bad hits why on earth would they want to return and play again next season?

I just don’t understand from where this argument stems?

And that for me is the end of the argument.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk