Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

bb1

So are there actually any legit rumours flying around anywhere. This off season seems to be as quiet as it has ever been!

Well said MartyA.
Hendo was a Devil through and through. It was unfortunate what happened in his last game against us in the IAW but for me the way he went after Lordo showed how much he was hurt by not being able to play for us and showed how much the club ment to him.

Lets hope we can see a Hendo type D man back in the line up this coming season. One that will make guys keep their heads well up as they attempt to go over the blue line!
Yeah I really enjoyed his style (Plumpton and Lawrence at the BBT comes to mind and no one will forget his hit on Westgarth along the boards:p) and I do hope a player in the similar mould comes to the bay this year.

Can understand why he wasn't brought back with the shift to a 'quicker' style of play and the CHL the following year but met him a few times at events/games and was a really nice fella with a lot of time for the fans.

Best of luck to him!

august04

Sounds like Hendrikx would be a great shout to head up our junior development programme. Impartial too which always helps in my experience.....could be good timing, question raised in another thread so seem to be some issues within the junior ranks.

Johnnybravo1927

Sounds like Hendrikx would be a great shout to head up our junior development programme. Impartial too which always helps in my experience.....could be good timing, question raised in another thread so seem to be some issues within the junior ranks.
The position of head coach doesnt have a salary and is a volunteer position that requires loads of commitment and time

That doesn’t mean it has to remain that way. Did Peter Russell do it for free? Genuine question, I have no idea.
The new jr head coach is in position to take over, it’s not Hendrix sadly. It just needs voting in from the trustees, fingers crossed once he arrives back in Cardiff he gets involved though

d20

The new jr head coach is in position to take over, it’s not Hendrix sadly. It just needs voting in from the trustees, fingers crossed once he arrives back in Cardiff he gets involved though

I very much doubt he'll be able to with the ego's involved in the junior system,too many times ex-pros have wanted to get involved only to be pushed aside so the current ones who are no way as experienced get to keep their positions .
We have many ex Devils in the area who could help out Phil Hill,Stevie Lyle,Fanny etc even now Jamie Elson who was part of the junior system for a long time and he could be approached but it would affect those that hold positions already and they dont want to lose them !!
Our junior system needs ex pro's involved in the coaching rather than "rec " players or parents.

kingmo19.1

I very much doubt he'll be able to with the ego's involved in the junior system,too many times ex-pros have wanted to get involved only to be pushed aside so the current ones who are no way as experienced get to keep their positions .
We have many ex Devils in the area who could help out Phil Hill,Stevie Lyle,Fanny etc even now Jamie Elson who was part of the junior system for a long time and he could be approached but it would affect those that hold positions already and they dont want to lose them !!
Our junior system needs ex pro's involved in the coaching rather than "rec " players or parents.
Although the owners have done a first class job with the EIHL team, I’m slightly disappointed that the junior system seems to be totally off their radar.

d20

In all fairness thats not their concern ,at some point the Devils wil get involved ,it was going to happen a while back but it was stopped I guess we will have to see as we are lacking in area in regards to other junior clubs

Pondlife

For those that like to look for hidden clues. From Mr King via Twitter;

"I can’t take the pressure! @AndrewLord17 never tells me much about who gets announced but it sounds like a new guy will finally be announced. Whoever it is, I’m sure everyone will thoroughly enjoy it. I just hope I make it to Sunday!"

bb1

Myers
Faryna
Rutkis
Kris Newbury
Is that based on any evidence.....If so then everyone should be over the moon.
Myers and Faryna....quality team guys who work their socks off. Rutkis has huge potential.
Newbury....tough, agitating hardnose forward who can put up some good points.
If true then great newbie signing.