Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

Milky

No, there’s not a time and a place for an opinion. It’s a forum and the beauty of a forum is that people can share their opinion, however different that may be from yours. You may not want to read it, well there’s a block/ignore button for that. We may see things differently but we’re all entitled to an opinion and we debate those differences here. For me, whether I agree with other posters or not, their opinion is as valid as mine at any time. In fact I quite enjoy reading posts from those whose thoughts differ from mine. They make me think and reflect on how I see things, whether I agree or not.
All you’ve done is attack the poster, and there shouldn’t be a place on the Inferno for that, full stop.
You’ve just completely contradicted yourself.

My ‘opinion’ (and you said everyone can have one) is that that that post (and others that have knocked Reddick) are complete rubbish. I make no apology for that and stand 100% by what I’ve said.

Ive stated facts, the coach named him his player of the year. I’ll back our coaches opinion over anyone else’s on here sorry. I thought Reddick was excellent last season after a shaky start.

If that is how the poster sees the game then it must genuinely be an unenjoyable experience supporting this team.

august04

You’ve just completely contradicted yourself.

My ‘opinion’ (and you said everyone can have one) is that that that post (and others that have knocked Reddick) are complete rubbish. I make no apology for that and stand 100% by what I’ve said.

Ive stated facts, the coach named him his player of the year. I’ll back our coaches opinion over anyone else’s on here sorry. I thought Reddick was excellent last season after a shaky start.

If that is how the poster sees the game then it must genuinely be an unenjoyable experience supporting this team.
You made a personal comment against a poster which I thought was unnecessary.
At least you’ve had the right to comment though, at any time. I’m glad the mods seem to agree with me that we’re all entitled to post our opinions at a time and place that we see fit, in sharp contrast to your ideas on how forums should be.

BostonBart22

Hope Reddick is back, before xmas he was our enforcer taking on some big bodies and sticking up for his teamates as another poster said he improved big time with strachen, we know that strachen is 99% not coming back, but there are upgrades on strachen out there as well as other players, dont get me wrong strachan won the lge for us imho. its the calgary meeting this week and Friday will see the biggest signing of the season so far and that player will play along side reddick, watch this space.

BostonBart22

OH , and forget batch playing D we need him as a forward as defences couldnt cope with him in front of net...and scored some big goals for us last season...

Why does everyone think Strachan isn't coming back? There are no rumours coming about him other than opinions so to be 99% sure he isnt coming back is a bit of a stretch. He was an excellent D man but the NHL isn't going to come calling again.

We can keep hold of Joey Martin year after year so why not Strachan?

Why does everyone think Strachan isn't coming back? There are no rumours coming about him other than opinions so to be 99% sure he isnt coming back is a bit of a stretch. He was an excellent D man but the NHL isn't going to come calling again.

We can keep hold of Joey Martin year after year so why not Strachan?
Problem for you guys is though, that he was so good that the something like the DEL maybe interested. They can offer big time salaries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjj365

Strachan was on a 1 year uni contract but IIRC he said partway through the season that he loves the Diff and wanted to stay

I would suggest only Tod and Lordo can be certain of anything so I'll just wait and see on all fronts

bb1

As good as Strachan is there are plenty of guys out there who can fill the void. In the DEL there are guys out there like Mark Stuart and Matt Pelech who are very much in the same mould as Strachan in terms of defensive ability and toughness. Mark Stuart is now 34 with an incredible NHL resume. Pelech is a solid D man who is super tough in fact tougher than Strachan.

So lets not panic if Strachan doesnt return as there are plenty of tough guys out there.

James

Administrator
I guess the difference is knowing what you get. We've seen too many high end guys come over here just for a final paycheck. When a player like Weller or Strachan comes over who actually play to their ability you've found a winner.

bb1

But its the chance you take. We took that chance with both Weller and Strachan and the rest is history. Lordos recruitment is superb so im sure he will find the right player if Strachan was not to return as is rumoured.

bb1

Not that we want much...ha ha... but i think we'd all like to see a big no nonsense stay at home d man who will hit like a train on our blue line.

- Richie is as solid as a rock staying back or going forward.
- Fournier is best skating D man i have seen in this league and superb offensively.
- Reddick i hope will return as he is very good offensively and will give 110% every shift.
- Strachan is as solid as they come in all aspects.
- Louis if he returns is competent both defensively and going forward. However if he doesn't it leaves room for a big hard hitting D man who will take absolutely no nonsense around our net and deter any liberties being taken with our players.
- Hotham VOID i hope will be filled but a similar type player which would be hard to find.....

I guess we need to watch this space......Its all very quiet atm, any clues/riddles as to the direction we are going Steve???

Devil_Abroad

Hope Reddick is back, before xmas he was our enforcer taking on some big bodies and sticking up for his teamates as another poster said he improved big time with strachen, we know that strachen is 99% not coming back, but there are upgrades on strachen out there as well as other players, dont get me wrong strachan won the lge for us imho. its the calgary meeting this week and Friday will see the biggest signing of the season so far and that player will play along side reddick, watch this space.
Wow, 99% certain Strachan has gone? That’s a shame. At times he looked ungainly but he always seemed to end up with the puck and be in the right place at the right time. Agree, he was a huge asset and was the making of Reddick when he arrived. Another huge loss if gone.

So we have a HUGE signing Friday? Tell us more!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bb1

I wonder if we could entice guys like a Mark Fraser, Mark Stuart or Carlo Colaiacovo over here........All play in europe. One of those guys will do nicely.

Milky

You made a personal comment against a poster which I thought was unnecessary.
At least you’ve had the right to comment though, at any time. I’m glad the mods seem to agree with me that we’re all entitled to post our opinions at a time and place that we see fit, in sharp contrast to your ideas on how forums should be.
Now you’re being a revisionist.

You’re absolutely right, a forum like this is exactly the vehicle for people to voice their opinions. However, when people post complete rubbish you can’t be surprised when someone replies in contradiction.

Again I stand by the facts, that post was complete garbage. And my comment still stands, if that is how they see games unfolding, I am genuinely glad I don’t sit by him/her as it would be a long, hard and miserable season.

Don’t expect to talk rubbish on a forum and not be called up on it. I will heartily defend your right to an opinion but equally it is my right to air my comments if I disagree.

Interesting that the majority of people I speak to have given up on the Inferno because of the constant tripe posted on here.

I too am also glad the mods agree.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #675
We've nevr changed the rules on here, it's always been open for pretty much anyone to post anything about anything, at least if it's ice hockey related.

Unfortunately that has generally led to many different peaks and troughs over the years, but I doubt we'll change how we moderate anything, it's still largely self-moderating which is nice, even if that does mean that we're again in a place where the club don't want to associate themselves with us.

Hopefully that will change and people will come back, but we can't force anyone and we're unlikely to start deleting posts or banning people to get that to happen, unless Chillee or one of the other clowns turns back up shouting and waving their arms around again.

People seemed to appreciate MNL more than the forum, but we've lost that going forwards so we'll just see how things pan out. The tripe isn't going to change if people don't post differing opinions though :/

bb1

Well said MartyA.
Hendo was a Devil through and through. It was unfortunate what happened in his last game against us in the IAW but for me the way he went after Lordo showed how much he was hurt by not being able to play for us and showed how much the club ment to him.

Lets hope we can see a Hendo type D man back in the line up this coming season. One that will make guys keep their heads well up as they attempt to go over the blue line!

Temme

Well said MartyA.
Hendo was a Devil through and through. It was unfortunate what happened in his last game against us in the IAW but for me the way he went after Lordo showed how much he was hurt by not being able to play for us and showed how much the club ment to him.

Lets hope we can see a Hendo type D man back in the line up this coming season. One that will make guys keep their heads well up as they attempt to go over the blue line!
Hendrikx was promised he was coming back, so his girlfriend accepted a job in a school from September, only for Hendrikx to then be told he wasn't returning. Nothing to do with how much we meant to him.
His girlfriend is Welsh(???) which would explain the welsh flag*

All second hand information; but that's what the general consensus was.

*i may have completely made this up, so there's that also...:p

Johnnybravo1927

Hendrikx was promised he was coming back, so his girlfriend accepted a job in a school from September, only for Hendrikx to then be told he wasn't returning. Nothing to do with how much we meant to him.
His girlfriend is Welsh(???) which would explain the welsh flag*

All second hand information; but that's what the general consensus was.

*i may have completely made this up, so there's that also...:p

I have been speaking to Hendo a lot lately regarding his camp, he has now married his welsh girlfriend and they are planning on living in Cardiff. He is also trying to introduce his hockey camps in Cardiff