Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

voth26

If Batch is staying then he better do a lot more than what he did last season. Barely threw a check and when he did they were little tiny pushes, for a 6’4 guy he’s nowhere near physical enough. Barely had a fight apart from Ronnberg and Kurtz (think that’s about it) and personally judging by the season he had last year I wouldn’t have had him back so he better step up to the plate. If we were to sign a Brit similar to Batch I’d take Swindlehurst for a D man. Batch is tough don’t get me wrong, but I don’t think he’s good enough and there’s far better brit options out there.
wow don't beat about the bush mate will you, think you need to rethink your opinion of Batchy given the role he played last year and his limited ice time all at LORDO'S instructions. Personally I think Lordo got it wrong with how he used Batchy last year he sat him for long periods in games and every time he shortened the bench Batchy was one to suffer lack of ice time. With regards to better brits id love to know who they are?? unless you mean the likes of Steve Lee, Betteridge, Lacho etc. Another important thing to consider is does Josh want to come back!!!!!!, personally I hope he returns

voth26

You wonder why he doesn’t get much ice time...he does little to nothing!! He’s had plenty of ice time for me and there’s been multiple incidents which he could’ve stepped up. I don’t like Batch as a forward anyway but still my point is that considering his stature he should be stepping up a lot more than what he does (same goes for the rest of the team for that matter). Like I’ve said, I’m not a fighting hooligan but I still like to see players sticking up for each other. I’m not just putting it on Batch but the rest of the team need to stick up for each other. I also didn’t say ‘every game’ I said when there’s a serious incident. You wonder why teams take liberties against us? You wonder why we get bullied most home games?! It’s because players don’t step up. If we brought in Swindlehurst I would be very happy. He wouldn’t bitch about and he’d get good minutes as a D man which is our main area of improvement plus he’s relatively tough. Problem sorted. When Batch was on D he wasn’t really physical then. I like to see big, clean hits so teams don’t take liberties. There’s better brits than Batch out there than him IMHO but I’m not the coach. Just saying what I see
You are joking right or your smoking some funny shit if you think Swindlehurst is tougher than Batch, has Swindlehurst ever had a fight?? over the years Batch has stepped up with quite a few legit heavyweight fights including Fitzy few times, Boris x2 (cant think of his surname played for Blaze, as well as Keefe, Desbians to name a few

voth26

Jake was superb last year though, I would be disappointed if he retired to the bench. Im sure thats where he'll end up eventually, but for me, he's definitely got at least one year left on the ice as our captain.
personally I think last year was Mo's last on the ice as good as he was I think he should hang up the blades

zoesdevil

Too add a rumour in... there appears to be a member of staff removed from the management page on the Devils website.

A new coaching set up to assist Lord. Mo? Piggott?
Perhaps the rumour earlier in thread is true, about Kevin Montgomery signing for us. Possibly as a player assistant coach to Lord?!

Personally think batch is a poor player. But he does other parts of the game well. Lays the checks make room for other players on the ice and gets in the way of the goalie..
parts of the game other players don’t wanna do. So I would take him back unless we signed a better Brit than him. But there isn’t many/any available

Devil_Abroad

Not team related but rumour amongst the juniors is the main pad may be closing for a month. I wonder if we will we see any improvements the fans crave?
Surely a month isn’t long enough even for our owners to lift the roof and plant another 3,000 seats! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What's the deal with Tom Muir? Seen a few posts now. Always thought of him as very inoffensive. Solid enough player and fights people twice his size for his team mates. Don't get the dislike?

wildthing74

He's a great player and I think moving from Panthers back to Storm was always going to be a stepping stone to getting back to a bigger team.
If Steelers have got him then with Whistle signed it gives them a far stronger Brit group even losing O'Connor.Maybe Davey Phillips won't win their best Brit player award this year?

Devil_Abroad

He's a great player and I think moving from Panthers back to Storm was always going to be a stepping stone to getting back to a bigger team.
If Steelers have got him then with Whistle signed it gives them a far stronger Brit group even losing O'Connor.Maybe Davey Phillips won't win their best Brit player award this year?
Haha, just show the butterfly and I’m sure he will lol

Mind you, I might be going against the grain but I think Phillips does a decent D job. Gives them energy, most of the time he does his job well, clears the front of the net, checks hard, very hard into the corners, isn’t slow, and gives back to pesky forwards as much if not more that they dish out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk