Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

Looks from this Drew Paris tweet he not returning . A big thank you to @cardiffdevils and all the great fans who treated me well and helped us have the most successful year of my career. I’m sorry I never mastered the Welsh language but I promise to keep working on it.
Thanks again

august04

Having applied to join the EIHL, Hull Pirates have now asked for their application to be deferred for one year. Where does that leave the league for next season? 11 teams by the looks of it - if that’s the case I hope they scrap the conferences, have a straightforward 11 team league with the top 8 qualifying for the play-offs. It’s about time the league let fans know what on earth is going on.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #311
Lol we do!! Although he’s to busy keeping fit in the gym haha..

I know the players deserve a break after a great season we have had but never known it to be this quiet
Not quite the same, but hopefully at some point we'll get the go ahead to run more Q&As...

ASHIPP

Last week the priority was the exciting CHL Draw and confirming the Pre-season schedule.
There will be a league board meeting tomorrow.

Wouldn't be suprised to see a couple of player announcements at the end of this week. The Club knows the importance of keeping the fans engaged with exciting news.

The Devils' drip-feed method of announcements last off-season worked really, really well.

Who needs Simms poking his nose in.

Gazza272

How good a league is the French top league compared to ours, as he's got great figures for that league?
France is probably lower than the EIHL these days. And has been for a while, we have played french opposition in the form of Brest and Epinal in the past and always looked the better teams.

No offence intended towards the French league, but I don't see a guy with those numbers in that league being signed for the Devils.

I can't wait to see the team that has been built in Cardiff for next season - not overly bothered if we have to wait until August. If last season taught me anything, it's to just trust Lordo's decisions! We all complained that the team wasn't good enough at the beginning of last season, and I think we can all agree that it turned out to be a fairly decent in the end!

Roll on August!

Wannabe2

I must be in the minority lol

I like the drip feed of signings. No way do i want to wait until august....... frustrating as hell
I don’t think for one minute we will have to wait till August, I don’t think we are in a rush, as I believe Devils have a lot of players interested in coming here. Some players are probably already signed, but Lordo will want the opposition knowing nowt until he is ready. Think we will be drip fed fairly soon, one thing we can all expect, is that we again will have a pretty neat team to cheer for.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS