Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

Think Nelson is pushing his price up.

Translation of this rumour:

"I'm 30 at the end of this month, i have a baby. I'm not going to get too many teams offering more cash, I'll try and get Steelers to pay me more as they think I'm off to another EIHL club."

Same as what Armstrong is doing by going to the local newspaper.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

Think Nelson is pushing his price up.

Translation of this rumour:

"I'm 30 at the end of this month, i have a baby. I'm not going to get too many teams offering more cash, I'll try and get Steelers to pay me more as they think I'm off to another EIHL club."

Same as what Armstrong is doing by going to the local newspaper.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I don’t think teams are swayed by such antics and some players will do stuff to try and better their pay.

They will have a budget and they know what type of players they need to bring in for various positions. They will be chatting to current players but also others that they have been chasing this and previous years.

If the player is asking mor than the club is prepared to pay then the club will just bring in another player.

The fun of off-season for us and the clubs, maybe not so much the players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Sebastien Sylvestre
Read somewhere he is hoping to join a club in mainland Europe.

Some players that have impressed this year:

Jesse Craige (Guildford)
Calle Ackered (Guildford)
Kevin King (Milton Keynes)
Jon Dunbar (Guildford)
Levi Nelson (Sheffield)
Andreas Valdix (Sheffield)
John Armstrong (Sheffield)
Gauthier, Heelis, Bloodoff (Fife)

bdevil

Read somewhere he is hoping to join a club in mainland Europe.

Some players that have impressed this year:

Jesse Craige (Guildford)
Calle Ackered (Guildford)
Kevin King (Milton Keynes)
Jon Dunbar (Guildford)
Levi Nelson (Sheffield)
Andreas Valdix (Sheffield)
John Armstrong (Sheffield)
Gauthier, Heelis, Bloodoff (Fife)
Yeah, I also heard he was looking at a team in Switzerland or something...

Lordo has said in the past he likes to bring in about 3/4 new faces to freshen things up and upgrade. It's only when you have to pick these 3/4 players to upgrade you realise how strong this years side was.
My 3 picks would be, what would everyone picks be? (this isn't to a pop at the players just honest fan feedback)

Crowder - all Lords signings have come good this year but Crowder has never quite won me over. However after having a year out maybe needs a second season to show us what Lord sees in him.

Paris - Paris has driven me nuts this season, big lad but no physicality. However after the DrewGate incident he seems to have really connect with the devils crowd and last month he was immense. If he stayed another year I'd be happy.

Reddick - Loved Reddick this years, bags of heart. Same as Paris if he stayed another year I'd be happy.

Other Eihl players i'd bring in;
Bloodoff
Ackerard
Craige
Springer (pretty sure he's got an extension)
Fitzy
Matheson
Byers
Paquette
Cazorla

OJLloyd

Since Reddick changed his play/we signed Strachan he has been immense.

He’s a very intelligent player, and has prevented breaks on his own several times (notably an earlier game against Belfast where he realised they had the drop on us on the change and skated back and broke up the play).

I’d be devastated to see Reddick go. All that and he’s throwing hits and fists when he needs to.

Rumours wise (as I know people are worried about off topic) - Ackered has made noises about coming to us, but would stay put if they matched the money.

Wannabe2

Lordo has said in the past he likes to bring in about 3/4 new faces to freshen things up and upgrade. It's only when you have to pick these 3/4 players to upgrade you realise how strong this years side was.
My 3 picks would be, what would everyone picks be? (this isn't to a pop at the players just honest fan feedback)

Crowder - all Lords signings have come good this year but Crowder has never quite won me over. However after having a year out maybe needs a second season to show us what Lord sees in him.

Paris - Paris has driven me nuts this season, big lad but no physicality. However after the DrewGate incident he seems to have really connect with the devils crowd and last month he was immense. If he stayed another year I'd be happy.

Reddick - Loved Reddick this years, bags of heart. Same as Paris if he stayed another year I'd be happy.

Other Eihl players i'd bring in;
Bloodoff
Ackerard
Craige
Springer (pretty sure he's got an extension)
Fitzy
Matheson
Byers
Paquette
Cazorla
So you would make 9 changes to our awesome team, unless we sign 23 imports lol.

ASHIPP

The best teams don't stand still. They use 'natural wastage' on the roster to improve and strengthen their position. There are bound to be retirements/players moving on to new challenges.

Remember Todd saying in an interview once that he expects to make a few changes every year. Luckily our team are at a stage where only a few tweaks may be required rather than the rebuilds that some teams will be experiencing.

We can rest assured TK and Lordo probably have known for a long while what changes will be happening and who their targeted new additions are going to be.

Last edited:

Gazza272

I would love to see Calle Akered in a Devils jersey and would also love to see Reddick back next year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I'm very on the fence about Akered. He flew out of the traps, but i felt in the two games we played around the Challenge cup quarter final against Guildford once we put some pressure on him he wilted very quickly, and his second half of the season I felt he run out of gas a little bit.

Not sure he has the staying power for a team looking to win trophies right down to the wire.