Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

Ocko

A few people have told me we're going to sign Jordan Pietrus. Where this has come from, I have no idea. But I've heard from quite a few different people now. Would be a good signing for our 3rd line.

dave

A few people have told me we're going to sign Jordan Pietrus. Where this has come from, I have no idea. But I've heard from quite a few different people now. Would be a good signing for our 3rd line.
This will have come from Todd and franny winding up the Coventry fans at last Q&A saying that's who they will take off them to stop singing his chant as it's same as Joeys!

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #88
There seems to be some sort of bunfight on the go between the Hands on one side, and Scott Neil on the other as to who gets to run a team from Murrayfield...

From THF, the hands want to start a team off in a lower league and build back up to the EIHL using this - https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC591521

Scott Neil wants to keep running the Edinburgh Capitals out of Murrayfield...

Not sure I can see that much difference in their proposals really. The Capitals turn into a shambles every season, but they do keep going and it maintains 12 teams, but a new start might be best for ice hockey fans in Edinburgh?

Another rumour to come out was that Hull ere looking to rejoin the EIHL, so maybe a ready made replacement there if Capitals do go kaputt...

There seems to be some sort of bunfight on the go between the Hands on one side, and Scott Neil on the other as to who gets to run a team from Murrayfield...

From THF, the hands want to start a team off in a lower league and build back up to the EIHL using this - https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC591521

Not sure I can see that much difference in their proposals really. The Capitals turn into a shambles every season, but they do keep going and it maintains 12 teams, but a new start might be best for ice hockey fans in Edinburgh?

Another rumour to come out was that Hull ere looking to rejoin the EIHL, so maybe a ready made replacement there if Capitals do go kaputt...
Hull Pirates are on standby, that would change the conferences big time, the EIHL knows Edinburgh is the best option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers.

pjj365

im sorry but we were the best team but no where near as tough as manchester or belfast.
Not sure about this mainly because I don't know the assessment criteria
Is it PIMS?
Is it no of fights?
Is it completed hits?

Or

Is it hits but only when necessary?
Is it rolling with the punches to bring on the wins?
Is it completing the season with few injuries/suspensions?
Is it ignoring instigators/ keeping tempers under control?

I'm not saying which is right or wrong what I am saying is that we really can't say what the "award" is based on so are we right to say it is wrong?

jimmy snels

belfast were the one team who troubled us physically imo and challenge cup final was lost, again imo, as we couldnt match that side of the game when the refs put the whistles away. my personal opinion is we had better players than them and were superior in many factors and ways. just not physically. Not that it really matters after that season!!!

James

Administrator

Wannabe2

Think there’s a lot more to this than is being let on, which I suppose is probably right. Talks about Caps franchise moving to Hull is one rumour. Just feel so sorry for the Caps fans, we in Cardiff know exactly how it feels to be left out in the cold, and on the edge of losing our great club. Just wish these guys could have the unbelievable fortune of meeting people,like our incredible owners. Which again highlights how lucky we all are.
Good luck Edinburgh.

Devil_Abroad

belfast were the one team who troubled us physically imo and challenge cup final was lost, again imo, as we couldnt match that side of the game when the refs put the whistles away. my personal opinion is we had better players than them and were superior in many factors and ways. just not physically. Not that it really matters after that season!!!
Disagree. Yes Giants had far more dirty tricks from a few of their players but then some of ours do that occasionally as well (not as often)

We matched them for physicality every game. The final was lost because they had more jump, far more energy and urgency. They played us off the ice.

No team this season intimidated us and can be seen by the number of fights we had to have - hardly any was there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wannabe2

Try this
Jim Vandermeer. Tyson Strachan.
Kevin Raine. Andrew Hotham.
Jarret Cole. Matt Pope.
Ryan Martinelli. Mark Louis.
John Kurtz. Justin Faryna.
Blair Riley. Josh Batch.

No bullying by Belfast there, they may have put it about a bit more than us, but tougher no way, and Lordo ain’t even in that line up, and he was easily Martinelli equal in there fight. We may have been a bit more contained, but if we needed to be, we were as tough as anyone.

Wannabe2

Try this
Jay Rosehill. Tyson Strachan.
Linden Springer. Mark Louis.
Dane Byers. Justin Faryna.
Dallas Ehrhardt. Andrew Hotham.
Paul Swindlehurst. Josh Batch.

Now we may not win all those fights, but we would show up if need be, and most certainly would not have been bullied, myself 2 wins Storm, 2 wins Devils, with 1 tied.