Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

Devil_Abroad

Do you need him though? You had great team toughness which I think is going to evolve the ‘enforcer’ role in the EIHL. Faryna, Strachan, Louis, Batch and maybe even Paris & Hotham can all handle themselves, but also play good roles.

Fitzy can fight better, but he’s no where near the players they are, he’s getting slower too.
Paris would need Reddick’s help I think [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

EIHL Hockey fights gave the Devils the 'Toughest Team' award this year. The oft cited 'team toughness' may have worked this year for once.
https://twitter.com/EIHL_fights/status/983048838117298176
Some of us kept stating it at the beginning of the season [emoji1474] I think this is something Thompson alluded to in hs interview today as well. Cardiff have changed the face of hockey and its future here these last 2 years; Keefe began that process in Belfast this season too. I think this will only help UK copete more in Europe too.

Devil_Abroad

Really I thought they would go after Galbraith.
That’s not a change in direction though? I’m hedging it’s a Brit. Have they lured Whistle away from Belfast?

Or maybe uncovered another top end Brit lurking abroad? Unlikely.

ASHIPP

Really I thought they would go after Galbraith.
Galbraith also a target according to 'Sheffield Star' and Panthers' fans quote a rumour that Jackson Whistle has signed for Steelers because they want to go the Devils' route with a British goalie!

Ocko

To be fair when he said it (early 00s), he was probably right. Eras change and players come through. Murphy was obviously the first but that was a good 5 years after those comments.

ASHIPP

What a public hypocrite Simms is. During the season, his gushing articles and tweets about some of the (former) Steelers' players were reaching 'bromance' levels. Now, today, he's authoritively toeing the company line justifying the release of these players by saying 'hard decisions' and 'it's sport'.

Don't see any negativity around Thompson yet. No public accountability for a poor season. Still completely baffled why G was ever released from the Steelers for.....winning the Playoffs in year1 and the League year2.

OJLloyd

Do you need him though? You had great team toughness which I think is going to evolve the ‘enforcer’ role in the EIHL. Faryna, Strachan, Louis, Batch and maybe even Paris & Hotham can all handle themselves, but also play good roles.

Fitzy can fight better, but he’s no where near the players they are, he’s getting slower too.
Probably not as a full time player. Like I said the player/coach role and just someone around the team for those tough moments. Unlikely to ever happen, but I do like him both as a player and a person.

End of warm ups on Sunday he played the panto villain, getting us to boo him, but giving pucks to some of kids near the glass.

You wouldn’t want to turn up to training if you’d not given it your all if he was on the coaching staff.

MKL are reported to have signed Adam Harding from Dundee Stars. According to the Elite Prospects website he was with us (before my time). What are your views on him?

Have Hope#35

After PT comments yesterday, some Steelers fans convinced they have Jackson Whistle.
PT did say to the fans that things would become clear in terms of the direction that they were going... That can only mean Brit imo? Half expecting Friday to be the announcement of their Goalie to potentially settle the fans!

Oz25

Galbraith also a target according to 'Sheffield Star' and Panthers' fans quote a rumour that Jackson Whistle has signed for Steelers because they want to go the Devils' route with a British goalie!
That would be a different route for them. But Belfast had a good season and won silverware I would have thought whistle would have wanted to stay but I suppose if the steelers offer enough they could tempt him.

Oz25

That’s not a change in direction though? I’m hedging it’s a Brit. Have they lured Whistle away from Belfast?

Or maybe uncovered another top end Brit lurking abroad? Unlikely.

You've got a good point personally I think they are going completely the wrong way but if that's the case it's better for the rest of us lol