Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

RedDevil17

Takes way too many penalty minutes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So? Every player gives up penalty minutes throughout their career especially huge defencemen, Dion Phaneuf comes to mind. He takes penalties but makes up for it with his playing ability. Look at Voth, even though he was a forward he gave up massive amounts of penalties but look how effective he was for us. Teams feared him and with the team we have the fear factor would be there as well like teams feared us when we had Voth and teams would know not to mess with us. His point production is good too especially in some top leagues. Would you not want a 6'4 D man with good points, a fighter who can hit and a solid D men on your team? For me its a no brainer...i'd happily take him here. He’d be a better overall D man than Paris or Roddick that’s for sure in terms of defensive ability.

Last edited:

Ocko

He has only had a poor PIMs amount in Liiga which is not a particularly physical league. A player like him would always be penalised heavily in that league. Everywhere else is hasn’t been a concern.

terry hunt

So? Every player gives up penalty minutes throughout their career especially huge defencemen, Dion Phaneuf comes to mind. He takes penalties but makes up for it with his playing ability. Look at Voth, even though he was a forward he gave up massive amounts of penalties but look how effective he was for us. Teams feared him and with the team we have the fear factor would be there as well like teams feared us when we had Voth and teams would know not to mess with us. His point production is good too especially in some top leagues. Would you not want a 6'4 D man with good points, a fighter who can hit and a solid D men on your team? For me its a no brainer...i'd happily take him here. He’d be a better D man than Paris that’s for sure
How many trophies did we win during the Voth era?

Wannabe2

Brad had 209 pts in 7 seasons, he was wanted by every team in the league wonder why that was, he was our Captain, awesome in the dressing room, looked after all his team mates, and the fans loved him. He put bums on seats and made the night more entertaining. It’s true we never won a lot in those days, but a lot of that was down to the budgets, crowds of 12/1500 didn’t help, but we were the bridesmaids a few times, we didn’t win a lot of trophies, but we had some great entertaining nights, and I loved it.