Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

zoesdevil

Getting down to crunch time now on player announcements. We will carry an extra forward due to the number and intensity of the games this year so two more forwards to be announced and three Dmen. Shockingly I haven’t seen a single correct guys at any of the new players that are left. Come on, Inferno...you’re better than this! You guys usually circle like sharks at this time of the year.
Reid McNeill

Getting down to crunch time now on player announcements. We will carry an extra forward due to the number and intensity of the games this year so two more forwards to be announced and three Dmen. Shockingly I haven’t seen a single correct guys at any of the new players that are left. Come on, Inferno...you’re better than this! You guys usually circle like sharks at this time of the year.
Ben Blood

Right at the end of last season, my daughter, wife and myself do a wish list of players for the coming season and as yet none of mine even get a mention, so here goes Reid Gardiner from the Wheeling Nailers, Kyle Bowie from the Toledo Walleye, Jacob MacDonald from theBinghamton Devils.
Remember it is only a wish list, I also had Canato Finucci from Fife and scribbled at the bottom is Kyle Bonis . That’s my two penneth in the ring.

Last edited:

Devil_Abroad

There is of course one sad thing to note from the above which is the realisation that Rutkis is not returning?

If I’m reading the ‘extra forward’ as being a Canadian that sits out games in the EIHL (think we can go with 15 imports for CHL? Not sure though) then with no other forwards to sign and Rutkis not yet announced I’m assuming that Moore is our only U23 this season which is a huge shame; I thought he had so much potential and the right character to succeed for us especially looking to the future as others may only have a couple of seasons left at the top level

However, budgets are budgets, and we do want to compete well in the CHL and of course do a 3peat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is of course one sad thing to note from the above which is the realisation that Rutkis is not returning?

If I’m reading the ‘extra forward’ as being a Canadian that sits out games in the EIHL (think we can go with 15 imports for CHL? Not sure though) then with no other forwards to sign and Rutkis not yet announced I’m assuming that Moore is our only U23 this season which is a huge shame; I thought he had so much potential and the right character to succeed for us especially looking to the future as others may only have a couple of seasons left at the top level

However, budgets are budgets, and we do want to compete well in the CHL and of course do a 3peat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I’m sure Rutkis will be signed on a 2 way as a minimum. As of next year Moore won’t be classed as a under 23 of which we are allowed 3 to make up a full roster of 22. Looking to the future the club won’t won’t to release talent such as Rutkis when we are going to need a u23 to make 4 line hockey possible next year. Plus he is at uni in Cardiff so im sure will continue to train with the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ocko

Rutkis isn’t quite EIHL ready yet. If he signs he sits on the bench. If he doesn’t sign he gets to maybe go on a two way deal and develop his game somewhere else. Playing an occasional shift as a 4th liner will do nothing for him.

jenks33

As somebody else mentioned in a previous post one of the new players could be Tye McGinn. If ‘Crunch’ and ‘Sharks’ were the clues in Steve’s post then McGinn has played for Syracuse and San Jose.
Other possibilities are Matt Pelech and Tim Kennedy. Both played for San Jose and haven’t signed elsewhere for 18/19 yet.

Devil_Abroad

As somebody else mentioned in a previous post one of the new players could be Tye McGinn. If ‘Crunch’ and ‘Sharks’ were the clues in Steve’s post then McGinn has played for Syracuse and San Jose.
Other possibilities are Matt Pelech and Tim Kennedy. Both played for San Jose and haven’t signed elsewhere for 18/19 yet.
Tye McGinn please. If Strachan doesn’t return then Matt Pelech too. Kennedy would be amazing but we do need a bit more size up front (also seems to move often)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk