Rumours connecting Thornton as new Devils coach

Finny

Me thinks it's a wind up. Only one post about it - everything else is suggesting Thornton's injury is worst that first thought.

The poster was Jacko - is it the same Jacko who posts on here?

James

Administrator
Would be very odd to gas Romfo as we couldn't afford a non player coach, only to get a new coach in mid season. Also for all his links to Cardiff, Thornton has put together a good team in Belfast and I can't see him wanting to hand his team over for someone elses.

thorton did not come to the skydome last night so this could mean 1 of 2 things 1. he has left the giants for the devils like people are talking about or 2. which was going round the dome last night is that he got hurt from a check from robo saturday night, thats why he did not ice the 2nd and 3rd on saturday night.

Finny said:
Me thinks it's a wind up. Only one post about it - everything else is suggesting Thornton's injury is worst that first thought.

The poster was Jacko - is it the same Jacko who posts on here?
Yes....

I heard nothing along these lines and hope it just a rumour as Thornton is a good coach who likes to play an exciting attacking style of hockey... 2 trophies last year and doing well this season shows Thornton is doing a good job....

Funny these kind of rumours are always started by the same crowd of people....

ASHIPP

Sounds like someone starting silly rumours again. Why on earth would the Devils want to make a change like that mid-season? And the powers that be in the Devils Organisation appear very happy with the coaching set up right now. :cool:
And why would Thornton leave the Giants - they are pretty much contenders for everything this year! :?

Russky

Methinks this is nothing more than mischievous rumour mongering eminating from trying to unsettle us ahead of the CC return leg in Dundonald! By pushing Thorntons name is somewhat puzzling as he is doing a good job at the Giants so why shoot themselves in the foot? That is if there is any shred of truth in the rumour! I dont think Gerad would welcome this rumour though!