Rumour mill

jenks33

No surprises so far with their signings. In my opinion Eberle is their best signing of the lot. Personally I wouldn’t want Vallerand, Connolly or De Luca in Cardiff but I’d take Eberle in a heartbeat. If you look at all the players in the league that play that Faryna style of game Eberle is by far the best.

jenks33

Hopefully we upgrade on him.
To be honest I’d take Eberle over Marjamaki. Masi improved but overall I was underwhelmed. Eberle turns up every night and puts up good numbers. I think he was leading the league plus minus stats around Christmas time. He’s a great player and he’s young and hungry.

Wannabe2

surprised no club offering contracts to giants players, not much happening there...
Maybe they have re-signed, or retired.
To be honest I’d take Eberle over Marjamaki. Masi improved but overall I was underwhelmed. Eberle turns up every night and puts up good numbers. I think he was leading the league plus minus stats around Christmas time. He’s a great player and he’s young and hungry.
Good player as you say, but maybe we have upgraded on the pair of them. Wouldn’t surprise me.

Wannabe2

Just watched the Aaron Fox interview with Dave Simms, and I must say I was very impressed with Mr Fox, he has lots of similarities to our Andrew Lord, which can only be very positive and obviously resulted in a very good season for the Steelers. This guy is the nearest rival we have to being the best, Fox and Lord to me are the best out there so far, their ideas and characteristics are so similar it’s truly weird. Watch this interview guys he is one impressive dude, hopefully we can go one step further only time will tell. Just like us Steelers have gone for the first time in awhile keeping their core group, and that’s a no brainer and time tested. I have 100% faith in our organisation, and truly believe if you want to be the best, then you have to overcome Cardiff. Just need a season now please. Stay Safe.

jenks33

I think it’s 13 they’ve announced today if you include Shudra on his 2 way deal and Alex Graham. I might be wrong though.

If I was a Sheffield fan I’d be happy with Vallerand, Eberle, De Luca, Connolly, Troncinsky and Dowd.

Personally I think Johnson, Bettauer and Armstrong are ‘Meh’ signings.

Sheffield re-signing Davey Phillips is cracking news...If you support Cardiff, Belfast or Nottingham

And then the other 3 are kids.

Sheffield’s biggest signing is their goalie. Duba was great in the CC final but he was far too inconsistent throughout the season. They still strike me as a team with the mentality of “It’s ok if you score 5 as we’ll score 6” which is bloody entertaining but I’m not sure it’s necessarily the right mentality to win you the league.

zoesdevil

Just watched the Aaron Fox interview with Dave Simms, and I must say I was very impressed with Mr Fox, he has lots of similarities to our Andrew Lord, which can only be very positive and obviously resulted in a very good season for the Steelers. This guy is the nearest rival we have to being the best, Fox and Lord to me are the best out there so far, their ideas and characteristics are so similar it’s truly weird. Watch this interview guys he is one impressive dude, hopefully we can go one step further only time will tell. Just like us Steelers have gone for the first time in awhile keeping their core group, and that’s a no brainer and time tested. I have 100% faith in our organisation, and truly believe if you want to be the best, then you have to overcome Cardiff. Just need a season now please. Stay Safe.
Ye 14 altogether including Jono Phillips.

kingmo19.1

I think it’s 13 they’ve announced today if you include Shudra on his 2 way deal and Alex Graham. I might be wrong though.

If I was a Sheffield fan I’d be happy with Vallerand, Eberle, De Luca, Connolly, Troncinsky and Dowd.

Personally I think Johnson, Bettauer and Armstrong are ‘Meh’ signings.

Sheffield re-signing Davey Phillips is cracking news...If you support Cardiff, Belfast or Nottingham

And then the other 3 are kids.

Sheffield’s biggest signing is their goalie. Duba was great in the CC final but he was far too inconsistent throughout the season. They still strike me as a team with the mentality of “It’s ok if you score 5 as we’ll score 6” which is bloody entertaining but I’m not sure it’s necessarily the right mentality to win you the league.
..... and the other 3 are kids!

You might have missed it, but Alex Graham (one of those kids) is eligible for the. 2021 NHL entry draft!

jenks33

..... and the other 3 are kids!

You might have missed it, but Alex Graham (one of those kids) is eligible for the. 2021 NHL entry draft!
What I mean by “the other 3 are kids” is it’s not fair to judge them as they’re still learning their trade. The 10 I’ve judged are more experienced players

Mooney#16

Sheffield’s Junior System produces a conveyor of talent based on the fact it’s very organised and has had a twin pad for years. It’s false praise to say that has that much to do with Steelers. They are just exploiting the talent avail.

I think when you start seeing the legacy of the twin pad ice time in Cardiff and some of the improvements in coaching in the junior set up Cardiff’s talent will start emerging again but yes that again won’t necessarily have a lot to do with Devils contribution.